“Would Not Go Back” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Otter Cove Restaurant

Otter Cove Restaurant
99 Essex Rd, Old Saybrook, CT 06475 (Formerly Vinnie's Saybrook Fish House)
(860) 388-4836
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 73 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Clinton, Connecticut, United States
“Would Not Go Back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I went to Otter Cove this past Friday evening for a retirement party. We had never been there before. Looking at the menu I felt the prices were high. I got the Chipotle-mango BBQ shrimp... $14 with Fruit Risotto, Broccolini. There were 3 large shrimp that were over cooked. I couldn't get the tails off and they were tough for the most part. The Risotto and Broccolini were OK. My wife had the fish and chips. She rated the fish average and the fries looked like she had been given the end pieces of the fries. We had two wait staff who, in my opinion, could have been more attentive. Neither one ever asked anyone if their meal was satisfactory. They were not very personable. My wife and I both agreed we would never go there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Worth a trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Went there on Friday night, we were looking for a restaurant that had a selection of seafood due to being the season of lent. Otter Cove provided a nice selection of seafood and not just fried seafood. The atmosphere was very nice bar area was hopping. They have a great selection of "exotic" drinks that tasted pretty good. The food was good, portions were just the right size. The Asian nachos with ahi tuna was great. I had the halibut special which was excellent and my wife had the baked haddock which she loved, both recommendations of our server Lindsay. My wife had a salted chocolate caramel martini, yummy and against server recommendation I got a Godiva white chocolate orange something...yuck should have listened to her, oh well.

Anyway we will be back!

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“A perfect night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Dined at Otter Cove this weekend. When you walk in, the dining area appears to be small. However, it was very spacious. They also have a nice bar area which was pretty full. The bar is far enough away from the dining area so the atmosphere was not loud. Four of us were there for dinner. We were not disappointed. The food and service were outstanding! Can't wait to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Tucked away in Old Saybrook, CT...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Otter Cove is a delightful restaurant in Old Saybrook CT. I have been here multiple times and the food is delicious. I eat at the bar and the service is always excellent and attentive. The bar area is always busy and I love that. The menu, wine list and beverage menus are great as well. Enjoy,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naugatuck, Connecticut
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed in a Bed and Breakfast in town and asked the owner to reccomend some places to eat... we arent the bar scene type couple although he recommended some places that sounded nice... but he had the menu to Otter cove and after looking it over .... we decided to check it out...SO glad we did! the food was DELICIOUS! the oysters with curry were soooo good that we ate the broth at the bottom with the shells as spoons and dipped our bread in it!. the asian tacos were scrumptious!... the atmosphere was pleasant as were the wait staff. the bill was only a little pricey ..but for the quality we felt it was reasonable..

• Visited November 2012