“Busy restaurant; reservations recommended after 6 p.m.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Hartford, Connecticut
“Busy restaurant; reservations recommended after 6 p.m.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I brought our two grandsons to Luigi's for pizza on a Friday night. We arrived around 5:30 and were seated right away. The pizza was excellent, as was the service. On a Saturday night, we made reservations and were glad we did. The lobby was full of people waiting to be seated. I ordered shrimp scampi, which was delicious. Other family members had spaghetti and found the sauce to be bland with little taste. Other than that, the service was excellent, and we will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Secaucus, New Jersey
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went on a Saturday night with some friends and were treated to wonderful meal served by a friendly and effecient staff. The food arrived quickly and was well prepared and tasty. I will be back again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guilford, Connecticut
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

food is good, staff is nice. Love this place, kids do too, but Tiberios in old saybrook is still one of my favorite italian restaurants. I reccomend Luigi's though love it!

Visited May 2013
East Hampton, CT
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family loves this restaurant. The food is excellent, and I
believe that the employees are family. We love the pasta,
the salads etc.

Visited November 2012
Connecticut
“Been a Faithful Patron Since the Old Location...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

When I was just a kid, my parents used to take us down to the CT shoreline once or maybe twice a year. And when we went down there we always ate at Luigi's Restaurant in Old Saybrook. Their old location (where a travel agency or Pizza Hut is now?) had many visits from my family going back to the early 1980s.

Of course Luigi's eventually expanded by moving down the street a ways. Thankfully the quality and experience remains equality great as what I remember from my youth.

So much so that over the last 10 years my wife and I have made many annual visits back to this restaurant. Luigi's has never disappointed me. From the fresh baked bread they bring you to the unique and flavorful pizza offerings I have never left here unsatisfied. The service always feels very cordial and welcoming.

My wife absolutely loves the 6-cheese 'purses' pasta special.

If you are in the area and want to try a true staple of what local and family owned Italian is all about, please stop in! You won't regret it!

• Visited September 2012