“Worst kept secret in CT.” 2 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 73 Restaurants in Old Saybrook
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Worst kept secret in CT.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The food lacked any flavor. Was greatly disappointed with the service as well. Even the chips were stale.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Connecticut
“Cuckoos Nest Disappointingf”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We recently moved to Westbrook and were quite happy to find a Mexican Restaurant in close proximity. We sat at the bar and ordered Fajitas. They were just OK. To be truthful, I liked Chili's Fajitas better. We left saying "That was OK, but didn't do anything to make us come back". Well, come back we did. After all, we were living so close and really want to make this a "go to" restaurant so we decided to give it a second chance. It was a rerun of our first visit. Nothing special and leaves no reason for us to return. Too bad.......

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waterford, Connecticut, United States
“Mediocre”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family and I actually visited this resturant for the first time this afternoon for lunch. It is MLK day so everyone was home and off of school. The six of us decided to give it a try since we were in the area. We love to try new places and really enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine so we were excited. Well, after tasting the side of guacamole that I had ordered to go with the chips I knew I probably didn't have much to look forward to. When we received our entrees I knew I was right. The food is bland and just ok. I actually smothered my food with salsa to give it a little taste. I don't necessarily need spicy but I expect fresh cilantro, lime, and onion etc at least in my guacamole. The same was true for the rest of our entrees and my husband said the amount of cheese and lack of anything else on the nachos made them almost not eatable. Was it the worst I ever had? No, but I could get the equivalent or better at taco bell. I would have to say it's not worth the time or money.

“Local that won't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Live in the area and have been here several times over the years. It had steadily declined and we stopped going. We heard they hired a new chef and decided to give it another try as it's the only Mexican resturant in close proximity. Yikes ! , nothing changed. Well the service was good , considering the poor waitress had a table of 20 women and two other two table and us. She ran her but off. She was the only one. The rest slowly climbed the stairs and pretended not to see us. Food, not good , at all ! My wife's was dry and my pastas was watery and almost seemed microwaved. This place needs Gordon Ramsey ! But until he shows up I'm not going back. Stay clear !

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great food and service. Nice Mexican restaurant with very good food and atmosphere. Don’t know why they make you have 50 characters in one of these reviews.

Visited October 2013