“Welcome addition to shoreline dining” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Welcome addition to shoreline dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

All four of our party chose from the Italian/pasta side of the menu so can only comment on those dishes. Each of us had something different and each was pleased with the choice. It was a relatively busy night, but even taking that into consideration, our waitress was not as attentive as we would expect. She was very friendly when with us, but then would disappear for rather long periods of time before returning with whatever, be it a second glass of wine or a requested piece of cutlery. I think perhaps it was her extended "friendliness" at other tables that made the service slow, but all in all we enjoyed our visit and we will go back again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Narragansett RI
“Beware of sharing fee”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

First time in Terra Nostra and found the portions huge.... bartender was attentive but failed to follow specific instructions on drink. Had appetizers and wanted to share an entree ... the 6.00 dollar share plate fee was too steep for us... we left...Had escargot and found them rubbery all 20 of them ... no shells. Would not recommend them...

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“So good we went twice in a weeks time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner the first time with the whole large family! Everyone enjoyed the great service and meals. The pasta sauce is delicious.... Rich tomatoey and a little on the sweet side- which I enjoy. Had the chicken parm- very good. Other good choices for the evening included the swordfish and chicken francais.
Second visit was equally good. Had "Nicks veal". Really good. Hubby has the cioppino ( loaded with all sorts of seafood. Will definately try it next time. A bonus is the owner has another restaurant in Ft. Meyers beach that we will go to this winter! Worth the trip to either I m sure

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Welcome Terra Nostra!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Terra Nostra is a new restaurant in Old Saybrook, CT. This location was the old site for Pat's Country Kitchen. The location is great for easy access off the highway. We love to sit at a bar and were thrilled to find one had been created. My husband loves Italian cuisine and because I am grain-free it is sometimes difficult to find dishes that I can eat. I chose the swordfish with capers, black olives and sun- dried tomatoes it was very good, except it was a bit over-cooked. I prefer my fish medium rare, they did not ask and I did not let them know how I wanted it prepared. Next I will let our server know how I would like the fish prepared. My entree came with a side of pasta, which I could not eat, so I had a side of sautéed spinach which was also very good. My husband had the appetizer special, bruschetta topped with bacon, pancetta and goat cheese. He said he could have eaten a double order. He also had an entree special which had clams, mussels, shrimp, calamari and scallops in a very light red sauce, he said it was fantastic. He also said the side order of pasta was delicious. The bartender Michelle who served us was attentive and friendly. The bar also stocks Hangar One Vodka which great as it is gluten free and is my abolutely my first choice for vodka. We did not have any dessert this evening, but decided to have a glass of Port instead. We enjoyed our evening and will definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
NYC
“Great Stop for NYC/BOS Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

New favorite stop for dinner on our weekend trek from NYC to eastern Connecticut. Excellent ribeye, great Bolognese, ditto grilled shrimp, very fresh pasta, nice bottles on the wine list. Even better it's right off I 95 (exit 68). Definitely one of the better restos in the area. Very reasonable prices. Menu looks more humble than finished product (reads a bit generic 'red sauce'). And for those of you who like it, they serve only domestic/American lamb. Going back as soon as I can.

• 5 of 5 stars Food