“Fantastic lunch spot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co.

Saybrook Soup and Sandwich Co.
745 Boston Post Rd, Old Saybrook, CT 06475-2126
Dining options: Delivery
NY
“Fantastic lunch spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a casual, counter-service place with fantastic food. The mac and cheese was delicious, my mother loved her half-pastrami sandwich, and the soups were as good as (or better than) home made. The one vegetarian soup, a Parmesan minestrone, was so good that my daughter and I fought over it as much as the mac and cheese! A very good value as well for food of this quality.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kew Gardens, New York, United States
“you must go here while in Saybrook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Even though the decor is cute, it pales in comparison to the quality of the food. We ate here over the weekend with a party of 6. The tomato asiago florentine soup was the best tomato soup I have ever had. The ingredients were fresh and full of flavor. If I lived closer, I would make this a staple. I would definitely cater from here too. A must in Saybrook.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stopped with my husband for a quick bite while shopping in the area. It was our first visit and a very pleasant one. I had soup and a great salad, both very plentiful and my husband tried a different soup and had a sandwich which he said were terrific. We ate outside and while the location is handy when shopping it certainly is not a place with a beautiful view as it is right on a busy main route with many strip malls. Go for the food, not for the view!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Niantic, Connecticut
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

My DW stored here today for a late lunch after attending the craft and art show on the green on Main Street. This place was very busy at 2:30 in the afternoon. We walked in, waited in line, but things mover quickly. We had time to look over the menu and placed our order. Tuna sandwich and a BLT in a spinach wrap. We also ordered a cup of clam chowder. The sandwiches were very fresh and very generous in the portions provided. The clam chowder was very flavorful, although it was mostly broth. Very few potatoes and even less pieces of clam. The flavor was there.
Over all a nice busy atmosphere. Very clean, ant they do use high end paper plates , napkins and good quality plastic spoons forks and knifes . Decor is very white and very clean . Good job to the staff for keeping everything pristine and clean.
We will return again the next time we are in Old Saybrook and need a bight to eat. The Mac and cheese in the warming window looked very tempting as we were on the way out.
Give it a try. We were happy we did.

Visited July 2014
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“WOW!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I must say that I have never seen a set up like this in Ct. Very CLEAN and they cook all there own meats. I see alot of places cook 1,2, 0r 3. These guys have a smoker, rotisserie, convection oven, and slow oven. My turkey was moist and quite fresh. They also make there own gelato and I asked to see the machine and was brought downstairs and given a quick demo. Really really impressed. Closest thing to this is in New York. There prices are very reasonable for what you are getting.

• Visited May 2014