“RUN THE OTHER WAY” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Boston, Massachusetts
“RUN THE OTHER WAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Price was O.K. for a last minute booking, but musty smelling room with moldy tub and previous occupant's dirty facecloth were a big turn off. The stale Cheerios spoiled the continental breakfast that came with the room. Having a motorcycle parked on the walkway in front of our door and an outside soda machine that was turned off when we returned from dinner just confirmed our decision to never return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bristol, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Traveled to the shoreline area recently and stopped here for a one night stay. It's your average motel, friendly staff very helpful. The room was freshly cleaned, bathroom clean everything was in working order and the tv was very good quality and sizable. Location is great, close to everything in the area. I'd stay here again in the future, but as I'll be traveling in this area more often in the months to come, I may be trying out other motels and checking in with reviews.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Edinburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the only hotel we could find to book online for the Saturday we were visiting Saybrook. When we got to the hotel and checked in we found that we were staying in a smoking room. I am not a smoker but figured if the room didnt smell then I could make due. When I opened the room there was a stench that was not cigarettes. I walked in a little further and saw the bathroom with the dead bug and dirty bathtub and quickly decided I could not stay here. I was afraid to see what might be lurking beneath the sheets. I placed my keys on the table and left, left a note, and ran as quickly as possible. We decided to move on to Hartford CT and stay there.

There is really no reason for dirt or moldiness in a bathroom. Clorox!!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This motel was clean, room was spacious enough and staff was friendly. Our first room was chilly and we were quickly given another room, where heating worked better. They also gave us advice on where to find nearby restaurants etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

stayed here one night for a wedding in Old Saybrook. Cheapest option, and we weren't using it for more than a place to change clothes and sleep. Yes it's dated, but the air conditioning worked great, bathroom was clean and updated, and manager on duty was nice. What else could you want/need from a motel on the highway?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read onTrip Advisor. There were 3 of us needing 2 rooms for the Ancient Mariners Muster. The hotel is right off of I-95...so there is traffic noise,nothing too bad though. The building is a little older, although the room I was in had been renovated not too long ago. We were there Fri., Sat. & Sun. night and paid only $318 incl. tax. Now that's a bargain. I've paid $50,$60, even $100 more a night for a room and had it be about the same quality. The fellow who runs the hotel is very friendly and helpful. So, the bottom line is this...It's not the Waldorf-Astoria. But it is a clean,comfortable hotel at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Yes, it is an old motel. Probably built 50 years ago when the Connecticut Turnpike (aka I95) was first built. But the room I had was clean and had been updated. New toilet and carpeting. Recent paint job. It is a small business and the man that checked me in at 10:40 pm was still working at 9:30 am when I left. Yes, it is old and tired, but you can't beat the $79 price for a night in August on the Connecticut coast.

Stayed August 2013

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!