“Dead Bugs + Dirty Bathroom= RUN” 1 of 5 stars

Liberty Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 Springbrook Road, Old Saybrook, CT 06475   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Old Saybrook
Edinburg, Virginia
“Dead Bugs + Dirty Bathroom= RUN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was the only hotel we could find to book online for the Saturday we were visiting Saybrook. When we got to the hotel and checked in we found that we were staying in a smoking room. I am not a smoker but figured if the room didnt smell then I could make due. When I opened the room there was a stench that was not cigarettes. I walked in a little further and saw the bathroom with the dead bug and dirty bathtub and quickly decided I could not stay here. I was afraid to see what might be lurking beneath the sheets. I placed my keys on the table and left, left a note, and ran as quickly as possible. We decided to move on to Hartford CT and stay there.

There is really no reason for dirt or moldiness in a bathroom. Clorox!!

Room Tip: Ask to see your room first.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This motel was clean, room was spacious enough and staff was friendly. Our first room was chilly and we were quickly given another room, where heating worked better. They also gave us advice on where to find nearby restaurants etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

stayed here one night for a wedding in Old Saybrook. Cheapest option, and we weren't using it for more than a place to change clothes and sleep. Yes it's dated, but the air conditioning worked great, bathroom was clean and updated, and manager on duty was nice. What else could you want/need from a motel on the highway?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel based on reviews I had read onTrip Advisor. There were 3 of us needing 2 rooms for the Ancient Mariners Muster. The hotel is right off of I-95...so there is traffic noise,nothing too bad though. The building is a little older, although the room I was in had been renovated not too long ago. We were there Fri., Sat. & Sun. night and paid only $318 incl. tax. Now that's a bargain. I've paid $50,$60, even $100 more a night for a room and had it be about the same quality. The fellow who runs the hotel is very friendly and helpful. So, the bottom line is this...It's not the Waldorf-Astoria. But it is a clean,comfortable hotel at a great price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Yes, it is an old motel. Probably built 50 years ago when the Connecticut Turnpike (aka I95) was first built. But the room I had was clean and had been updated. New toilet and carpeting. Recent paint job. It is a small business and the man that checked me in at 10:40 pm was still working at 9:30 am when I left. Yes, it is old and tired, but you can't beat the $79 price for a night in August on the Connecticut coast.

Stayed August 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was dirty and the road noise was terrible. It felt like that room probably hadn't been used in a long time. Everything was covered in dust. Road noise doesn't usually bother me but it's really bad at this place. Sounds like the trucks are coming through your room. Also, the ice machine is located in the office so it's not accessible at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I booked a room through the LI website. We asked for a handicapped room and got one. The room had been renovated and was reasonably clean. The maid did miss the shower curtain, however. It was pretty grungy on the inside near the bottom when unfolded.
We liked the comfortable beds, the table and chairs, and the TV. The manager and desk help were very friendly. They had Dunkin Donuts for breakfast, but unfortunately, they were stale.
All in all, it was a good motel for the money and we would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!