“Nice clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Old Saybrook
Luton
“Nice clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you're in Old Saybrook or nearby in Essex this hotel provides good value. It's spotlessly clean and the rooms are spacious and have hairdryers, ironing boards, fridge, microwave and toiletries. There is also a basic complimentary breakfast of cereal, bread, bagels etc. We found it quiet at night also. The owner was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
LibertyInnOS, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you, when you come to usa, you are very wel come@ liberty inn.

manager
liberty inn

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bangor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The guy at the front desk told us he only had a room with two double beds, which was a ploy to get us to spend $99 instead of $60 as advertised. Whatever. We were tired of driving and just decided to grin and bear it. I slept maybe a total of three hours all night even though I was in bed for eight. The room never really got dark due to the signage out front, the pillows were like sandbags, and there were no fitted sheets on the bed, only a flat sheet tucked in at the corners. That meant that at some point the sheet covering the mattress came untucked and then MY FEET WERE TOUCHING THE MATTRESS! Gross. Plus there were no liners in the trash can, so equally as gross.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor Locks, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I would like to comment on the Liberty Inn,, During the Hurricane situation on October 2012, after staying at the Comfort Inn with less than pleasing results, you can also see my comments and situation which myself and 6 other had experienced during a difficult time of need and shelter on their review page, the State of Connecticut has also been notified as they have also broken the law of price gouging during a crisis situation. My posting for the Comfort will be up shortly with the most obscure details on the link below.
The Liberty inn was great, it is a perfect basic hotel with all the amenities you need, Sparkling clean room and very comfortable beds. And mostly I wanted to comment on the Management, I have never been treated so well anywhere I have stayed. I travel for business in total about 4 months a year all over the country. I have stayed in 5 star hotels and 1 star, I have never found anyone who was totally concerned about my stay and if everything met my approval. Very courteous and customer oriented. They don’t have a restaurant however; there are more than enough within a 3 mile drive. Other than that they where fantastic, and not to mention they did not price gouge during the Hurricane. There pricing is consistent honest as it should be.
So if you want to enjoy the Connecticut shoreline, and need a nice place to sleep, this is the place, besides, if your visiting Old Saybrook area, you’re not spending a day inside anyway, Happy travels

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
LibertyInnOS, Manager at Liberty Inn, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for your honest review.

manager
liberty inn
Hollywood, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Older and very established old school motel. Don't be looking for upscale amenities here. The beauty of this little place is its easy access (right -on- I-95) and relative affordability. The area's hotels are very expensive, even the budget jobbies like this one. Affable and friendly manager has maintained this now dated place well. The pond fountain adds some welcome white noise versus the I-95 at your front door. Continental breakfast...uhm, good for a coffee and donut, and I enjoyed both. Good spot for a quick shower and rest on your journey. Would choose another place as tourista operations central though. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: No pool, workout, wireless, or anything. It's a room and shower on the road, no more. Perfect if...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fair Lawn NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I booked this motel online for two nights and it was the biggest mistake ever. Upon checking in, I realized that we were the only guests. As soon as we entered the room I realized that we could not stay there. It was old, dated, had a huge mirror opposite the bed but the worst was the smell; it reeked of must. I returned to the office and the owner offered me any other room that he had but there was no way we were staying. He was upset but agreed to void the charge on my credit card. This was my error when I was booking. Be wary of the photos that are shown online. "What you see is not always what you really get"!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Despite some negative reviews that made me worry about where I had booked, I found the Liberty Inn to be clean and well maintained. This is a motel that offers no services. But, the staff was helpful, the room was large, the air conditioner worked well, bedding was clean, and the room was quiet. Not sure why the negative reviews, but as others indicated $88 is a bargain rate and I'd return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

enjoyed our stay here, good value for what was in the room. Safe town, clean property, a little older but looks like updates are taking place, there was a guy painting outside when we checked in. Nice landscaping. We would come back if we were passing through.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Liberty Inn? Share your experiences!