“Not kid friendly- decent food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Formerly known as "Clams".
St Augustine
“Not kid friendly- decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family went over 4th of July for the Re-Grand Opening of the Grille. I would not recommend this restaurant for children. They only have 1 highchair and a sign posted that reads something about kids not being really welcome- It is one of those Joke signs, but I still found it tacky and thought they might be serious since they do not have a kids menu or another highchair. Our booth was very cramped and the seat back was loose so I kept disturbing the gentleman behind me every time I moved. My husbands steak was very plain. It had no flavor. My burger was good. The fries were excellent. Our server seemed over whelmed their was another large party there in the room we were in and the other couple that were sitting behind us. She didn't mention the specials so when we heard them offered to the other tables we were bummed. Service was very slow. The bar area was packed so I think that had something to do with it. I would try them again...let them be re-open for a little while.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Moosup, Connecticut
“Closed....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Went to stop in for dinner on Saturday and found a "Temporarily Closed" sign out front....No idea where they'll be reopening......

Visited June 2014
Enfield, Connecticut
“Worst Food In CT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

By far the worst food I have ever had. Most frozen and heated. It was so bad the first time I went, that I had to go again just to see if it just was a bad night for the chef, nope, its that bad all the time. Why this place is still open is a mystery, Even if they had ok food they would be doing a great business because of the location.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Old lyme
“Good burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Looking for a good burger menu at a reasonable price this is your place. The burger menu has unique choices and comes with a heap of fries.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Okay food, bad management and onwer attitude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is not bad, however the owner/manager is one of the rudest, negative, drunk and unprofessional "business persons" I have ever come across. I have seen her yell at customers for no reason. It reminds me of the Soup Nazi character from Seinfeld. Please do some research on this place before you give them your business. There are much better places to spend your night out. Jessie's, The Black sheep, Penny Lane Pub are better options. Please go elsewhere if you care about treating people with dignity.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.