“Okay food, bad management and onwer attitude.” 1 of 5 stars

Shore Road, Old Lyme, CT
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 26 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American
Description: Formerly known as "Clams".
Description: Formerly known as "Clams".
New York City, New York
“Okay food, bad management and onwer attitude.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is not bad, however the owner/manager is one of the rudest, negative, drunk and unprofessional "business persons" I have ever come across. I have seen her yell at customers for no reason. It reminds me of the Soup Nazi character from Seinfeld. Please do some research on this place before you give them your business. There are much better places to spend your night out. Jessie's, The Black sheep, Penny Lane Pub are better options. Please go elsewhere if you care about treating people with dignity.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Old Lyme, Connecticut
“The Grille Old Lyme, CT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Under the new management this has become one of our favorite dining spots. Adequate parking, easy to access of Rte. 156. Pleasant service. The meals have all be excellent and are reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Berlin, Connecticut
“Very much worth your while”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the stuffed mushroom as an appetizer. Excellent, then we dipped some of the warm bread in the left over liquid. Yum. Ordered the seafood dinner for two(30.00) made with wine as opposed to the same dinner with Alfredo sauce. Can't remember when we had a tastier meal. Lobster, scallops, and shrimp were cooked to perfection. On a previous visit all the family had different items and wanted to go back. Portions are huge. Other items tried were calamari, steak, blue cheese burger, fish & chips.

• Visited August 2013
Oakdale, Connecticut
“Delicious food and large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at The Grille restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. We ordered stuffed potato skins for an appetizer. They were nicely prepared; and there was plenty to share among the three of us. Next we had the homemade soup of the day, butternut squash and crab bisque. It was outstanding!! I am practically drooling now just thinking about how much it pleased my taste buds. Then we were served a large tossed salad. Some of their dressings are homemade. To be honest I was already full by this time and our entrees had not even been served yet. I got the baked fish with mixed vegetables and rice. The fish was cooked perfectly. The vegetables and rice were very good too! Our server was attentive and very pleasant! This delicious lunch exceeded my expectations and I look forward to visiting The Grille soon!

• Visited August 2013
Johnsonville, New York, United States
“Phenomenal...food, service, etc.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

On a quick visit to Old Lyme, we couldn't go home without seafood. We had driven past The Grille on our way in & when sight-seeing. We decided to try it for dinner. The service was outstanding - even redirecting the vents on the a/c because it was a bit chilly. The food arrived in short order and our jaws dropped open! We ordered the fried seafood platter for 2. It had cod, shrimp, scallops, clams & fries.

The portion of cod was generous. The breading was light and there was no greasy after taste.

The shrimp were JUMBO! And having grown up on the Gulf Coast and having eaten seafood all my life, I've never had fried shrimp where the tails were removed. Again, light breading & truly delicious.

The scallops were HUGE - almost the size of a saucer! Very tender & flavorful.

The clams weren't strips, they were monstrous!

I believe our server may have actually been Barbara, one of the owners. She was so pleasant & friendly, adding a wonderful element to our dining experience.

We HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Grille.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to The Grille? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Grille, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.