“Classy” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
“Classy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

This inn was not our first choice in the area (Connecticut River mouth), but we were lucky that our first choices were unavailable. We used this as a basis for visiting the Hartford and Mystic area, and were very happy with it. That praise includes the restaurant, which served us an excellent and unexpected dinner after a relatively late check in.
My only complaint would be that the bed was too soft. Not worth a star deduction though.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at The Bee and had the most wonderful time, I travel all over Europe and this was by far the loveliest place I have stayed, very friendly and helpful staff, wonderful breakfasts delightful cocktails in the elegant bar and not forgetting the lovely meals we had in the restaurant. I can no wait for until my return. Special thanks go to the wonderful Tosh, Sharon and the lovey owner Linnea oh and the gorgeous cookie fairy who left me the most delightful freshly baked cookies by my bed every evening when she turned down my bed, and last but not least Bert the resident rescued parrot. This place and its staff, cookie fairy and parrot is a gem!!!

• Stayed April 2013
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful stay here at this charming, well maintained Inn. The guest rooms are small but comfortable, with lovey views all around. Old Lyme is a pretty village, and there are lots of things to do within a short driving distance, The breakfasts offered were simple yet delicious, especially the warm scones. We also had enjoyable meals in the restaurant within the Inn. Spa treatments are also offered. The staff here are very helpful and charming, particularly Tosh on reception and Jake in the dining room/bar. Definately worth a visit to this Inn and this area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I live in NYC. I am a serious foodie. I eat the best of the best. In order to get the amount of quality this place has, I would have to go to 5 restaurants. Chef Kristofer Rowe is one of the best chef's CT has to offer. The food here is perfect. The new decor looks great. The whole place is one of New England's finest..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Old Lyme
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Cold winter evening in late February - we decided to venture out to the Bee and Thistle - we both decided to have the nights special of chicken and biscuits - good choice! The simple elegant entree was served with a lighter than air biscuit that topped an amazing chicken in gravy. The chicken,we found out was from an Amish farm and shipped overnight to the Inn - so tender and flavorful - don't stay home - come out and enjoy this treasure
Salad, dessert again, amazing!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Afternoon Tea in January 2013 -- We ordered tea during a wonderful family dinner on Christmas Eve. I was very surprised to be served on fine bone china, in a china tea pot! It was a welcome change from being presented with a tea bag and lukewarm water. When I remarked on it, and the server told us about their Afternoon Tea events during the winter, I knew we had to return. So, in January we returned for their Afternoon Tea, which was a wonderful respite from a cold, hectic winter. Seated in a warm parlor in front of a cozy fireplace we were served finger sandwiches, awesome scones and dessert pastries with our tea (again in bone china pots with tea cozies). The fresh jam and cream for the scones was wonderful -- great flavor with the buttery scones. All in all, it was a "must" during the winter.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Killingworth, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Diner on 1/4/13. Staff and service was outstanding. The meal was slightly disappointing from what we had heard about the food quality. I had the tenderloin which was good (the fingerling potatos and mushrooms were excellent). My wife had the short ribs which were the disappointing part of the meal. Not bad at all - just not very good. Every other aspect of our expierence there was very nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!