“Great lunch!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Old Lyme Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Old Lyme
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boston Post Rd.
Transit: Our guests visiting from the I-95 corridor (Boston to New York) may request free pick up from the Old Saybrook, Amtrak-Shoreline East train station.
Description: Our chefs work diligently to offer dishes that run the gamut from traditional selections to unique options that will challenge the way you think about food. The lunch and dinner menu, as well as the wine and cocktail list, change seasonally and employ locally grown and deliciously fresh produce, meat, and seafood; as well as farm-roasted coffee and homemade ice cream.
Poughkeepsie, NY
“Great lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were travelling through Conn and exited I-95 around Old Lyme to find a good lunch establishment.
We did really well. The Old Lyme Inn is (as its name suggests) primarily an inn, but it has a bar and restaurant, which was quite active for lunch. There was a varied menu: we ordered a delicious spring pea soup, with delicate flavors; an Edaname appetitzer, which I'd never had before and which was enjoyable (and I've bought Edaname at the grocery store as a result); a beet salad and a crab salad. All very good.
I wish we'd been spending the night, because the bartender's martinis looked delicous; but I settled on a draft beer, my wife had iced tea.
If you are travelling I-95 in Conn, do yourself a favor, get off and visit a near-by town to eat. If it is lunchtime near Old Lyme, try the Old Lyme Inn -- you'll like it.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stamford, Connecticut
“Nice weekend, good jazz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Friendly staff, good food reasonably priced, very nice room (new wing), great Jazz, had a great time. We came for dinner and Jazz and then decided to spend the night. Their web site does not do any justice to the rooms (ours was an impromptu stay and we saw three available rooms). We liked the fried chicken dinner and the home made rolls it came with.

The continental breakfast could be enhanced with fresh baked items and cereal ( good fresh fruit, ok bagel) and the small breakfast room should get more attention with bussing the tables and refilling the coffee and orange juice.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Haven, Connecticut
“Excellent For Couples Gateway!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband surprise me in our anniversary by taking me to this place and since I get there the service, food and room was great, Also The Side Door Jazz is Awesome!! I really enjoyed and truly recommended,

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
OLIManager, Manager at Old Lyme Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Good Afternoon,

We are so pleased to read you had an enjoyable and romantic SURPRISE anniversary trip! We strive to make the inn an intimate setting for weekend getaways while providing a familiar home-away-from-home feeling. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, and please be sure to spread the word!

Thank you and enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer,

Elisa Calkins
Event Coordinator
Connecticut
“Great food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The restaurant has a nice ambiance with a nice selection of food, wine and beer. In addition, on weekends there is a Jazz Club.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Great Food, Intimate Setting, Vegetarian Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Dining at the Old Lyme Inn was part of our "All That Jazz" package. The menu was diverse and had a number of vegetarian friendly appetizers and entrees. The mushroom polenta lasagne was delicious! A great place for "date night".

Visited March 2014

Been to Old Lyme Inn? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Old Lyme Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.