My boyfriend and I recently stayed here to attend a wedding (the reception was held at one of the hotel's ballrooms). Since we were driving down that morning for an afternoon wedding, we wanted to make sure that we could check into our room early enough to shower, change, etc before the ceremony. I was able to call a Hyatt early check-in hotline on the ride down and was able to secure a room available for us at 1pm. For those looking to check-in early I definitely recommend this hotlline!
The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the waitstaff in the restaurant. The food was especially good as well. We stopped in for a quick bite of lunch and my boyfriend announced his burger was the best he had ever had! Menu prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant ($12 for a burger).
We were not very pleased with the long walk to our room from the elevator. It seemed that there was only one bank of elevators to service the whole hotel. For those who cannot walk long distances I would recommend requesting a room near the elevator since the walk from the elevator to our room was about 6 minutes. We were also disappointed in the darkness of the hallways and the room itself. There was no light in the entrance to our room and the bedside lamps did not emit a lot of light. However, the bathroom was bright and large enough for the two of us to get ready at the same time. Unfortunately, there were also no convienent outlets in the room for our cell phone chargers, which for people staying more than one night, would find to be an inconvience.
I'm not sure of the other hotels in the area so I don't know if I would stay here again. It was a pleasant stay with no major issues, but I have stayed in nicer hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guest rooms are wired for high-speed & Room Linx wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich