“Acceptable without being incredible” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Old Greenwich
Massachusetts, USA
“Acceptable without being incredible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2006

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here to attend a wedding (the reception was held at one of the hotel's ballrooms). Since we were driving down that morning for an afternoon wedding, we wanted to make sure that we could check into our room early enough to shower, change, etc before the ceremony. I was able to call a Hyatt early check-in hotline on the ride down and was able to secure a room available for us at 1pm. For those looking to check-in early I definitely recommend this hotlline!
The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the waitstaff in the restaurant. The food was especially good as well. We stopped in for a quick bite of lunch and my boyfriend announced his burger was the best he had ever had! Menu prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant ($12 for a burger).
We were not very pleased with the long walk to our room from the elevator. It seemed that there was only one bank of elevators to service the whole hotel. For those who cannot walk long distances I would recommend requesting a room near the elevator since the walk from the elevator to our room was about 6 minutes. We were also disappointed in the darkness of the hallways and the room itself. There was no light in the entrance to our room and the bedside lamps did not emit a lot of light. However, the bathroom was bright and large enough for the two of us to get ready at the same time. Unfortunately, there were also no convienent outlets in the room for our cell phone chargers, which for people staying more than one night, would find to be an inconvience.
I'm not sure of the other hotels in the area so I don't know if I would stay here again. It was a pleasant stay with no major issues, but I have stayed in nicer hotels.

• Liked — friendly front desk and restaurant staff
  • Disliked — long walk to rooms; dark hallways and room
  • Tips/Secrets — call for early check-in; request room close to elevator
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2006

I stayed here for 2 nights on business and it was a very nice hotel. I arrived at about 11am and they allowed us to check in early with no problems at all. My room was a long walk from the elevator, but since I had just one rolling suitcase that was not an issue for me. The rooms were small, but since I was alone it was still very comfortable. Very comfy beds! (See attached pics). My room had a great view of the open air atrium, but I heard some other people complaining they had views of the highway. So make sure to ask for a room with a view of the atrrium!

The best part of the hotel for me was they had a great fitness room. Although I did not bring my work out gear I did walk thru and noticed that the treadmills each had there own TV screen. Also they had headsets you could borrow and listen to music with. They had a fridge that was always filled with rolled up cold washclothes for your face! I loved this. Also another big bonus for me was there was a great steam room there. It looks like there fitness room area was recently renovated so everything was brand new and clean.

They did have an indoor pool and jacuzzi that was attached to the fitness room. When it's hot outside the room gets very hot since its all glass. No need to bring any towels they always had nice clean fluffy ones downstairs to use. I noticed they had menus where you could order food and have it delivered to the the pool, but I never tried it. There was always someone around folding towels and cleaning up. But it was never busy there just a handful of people everyday.

The room service food was expensive and average tasting. What do you expect you are in Greenwich? Also the atrium bar had some good drinks ($12 for a mojito) but it was a nice atmosphere to hang out and talk.

Overall the staff seemed pleasant. Had no problems there, but nobody really stood out above and beyond.

• Liked — Steam Room (great amenities)
  • Disliked — Expensive, average food
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2006

My husband and I and our three children just spent the last four nights at the Hyatt in Greenwich, CT and received the best customer service we've ever had. Tom Delaney, General Manager, went far beyond the extra mile in customer service. He made us feel so welcomed to his hotel that I will stay in a Hyatt on every vacation from now on. I even signed up for a Hyatt Gold Passport Membership when we got home. The staff is extremely friendly and courteous (especially Debbie in the restuarant) and everyone always had a smile on their face and a kind word to say. Our rooms were exceptionally clean and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool. We are looking forward to our next stay there. Hats off to all of the staff at the Hyatt in Greenwich, CT who gave us the BEST customer service we've ever had!!!!

Been to Hyatt Regency Greenwich? Share your experiences!