We stayed here for one night as we were driving from NYC to MA and wanted a stop in between. Having stayed frequently at what used to be the Hayatt Regency Bonaventure in Westin, FL, we expected to find a similar quality in the Greenwich Hyatt Regency. Unfortunately, we did not. When we arrived, I requested that a shower cap be delivered to our room, since none was provided. I was told that it would be sent right up. Forty minuytes later when we left for dinner, it had not arrived. Okay, I thought, it will be delievered while we're out. No such luck. I had to call again and explain that I needed the shower cap so I could shower before bed. This time it was delivered as promised.
We slept very well, and then we went to the breakfast buffet, priced at the amazingly high figure of $27. The Hyatt Regency Bonaventure's buffet was $15, so we experienced some sticker shock but said, "Oh well, it's Greenwich." Then we discovered that the bacon was burned, the only fresh fruits offered were oranges and apples, and the egg white omelet we ordered came with egg yolks.
Then, imagine our annoyance when we found that our bill included a charge for the Internet (which it should not have), a charge for the parking (which it should not have), and did not deduct the $25 coupon included in our reservation.
I spoke to the manager, and she was apologetic. She offered us soft drinks and a boxed lunch for our car trip, which was a nice gesture, but that hotel has serious service problems that need to be corrected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located less than 5 minutes from the Stamford Business District and train station and 20 minutes from White Plains, NY. Easy access off I-95, Exit 5. Only 45 minutes by train from Manhattan. Complimentary shuttle service available within a five-mile radius. All guestrooms are wired for complimentary high-speed & wireless internet access. Surrender to the Hyatt Grand Bed - featuring luxurious goose down pillows, triple sheeting, a thick down blanket - all piled atop a Sealy Posturepedic pillow top mattress. Check-in or out with a simple touch of a screen using the Express Check-in Kiosk. Retrieve flight information and boarding pass using the Hyatt Fast Board technology. Enjoy our Stay Fit at Hyatt program at the fitness center featuring Life Fitness cardio and strengthening machines with individual flat screen TVs, as well as an indoor pool and whirlpool. Satisfy your appetite for breakfast, lunch and dinner at Winfield's Restaurant winner of the Best Sunday Brunch by Greenwich Magazine. Relax in the Gazebo Bar for a specialty cocktail and a light fare menu. Or enjoy the ultimate in convenience when you dine in the comfort of your own room with our extensive Room Service menu. Restore your spirits after a workout with a power drink or snack at our Hyatt Stay Fit Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Greenwich Hotel Old Greenwich
- Greenwich Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Old Greenwich
- Hyatt Regency Old Greenwich