“Hidden Garden” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Imus, Cavite
“Hidden Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

What I really liked about the place is that it's not easily accessible meaning you can have a chance of having that private time with friends or with your special someone. It was such a unique place although in terms of the taste of the food, I wasn't that much impressed. Maybe because it lacks salt (which is almost always should be a bit higher than what is recommended in a Filipino diet). If you're looking for a place to have some afternoon tea or coffee over a heart to heart talk, this is the place to be.

Visited September 2012

“Warmth in the midst of Tagaytay's cold weather.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Chateau Hestia is by far the best place to visit in Tagaytay if you want great food, excellent service, and if your just looking for a quiet place to spend your weekend. As you enter their compound, it's like you are immediately transported to a different place. Hearing the birds chirping and the trees swaging as the refreshing wind blows its leaves. My wife and I make it a point to visit this place everytime we're in Tagaytay. We even plan to renew our vows here. Our stable order is there pizza. Choose any kind! All of them tastes great! Their garden is divine. You will surely enjoy ur cups (since it's refillable) of brewed coffee while reading.

Perfect is just an understatement on how I describe Chateau Hestia. It's my home away from home.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“food and service could have been better...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Reading the reviews before finally deciding to have our 'Mother's Day' lunch here had our expectations high.. As a last minute reservation, Lyn was kind enough to accommodate us.

Reception and welcome of the senior waiter was impressive and really made us look forward to a real good lunch. We started with the cold-cuts platter and assorted cheese which were all enjoyed by the family along with their wonderful bread... we had the sausage plate after that before everything else.. that also tasted good.

Osso Bucco tasted more like corned beef served with tomato-based sauce, Pasta Carbonara tasted a bit strange for a family quiet knowledgeable about pastas and the seafood pasta was a bit bland and lacked the bite. Pizza Maria is something we don't want to recommend and Pizza Margherita is not what we expected.

With the senior waiter busy attending other guests, we were left with younger waiter/servers who need more training on service as used plates were left in the table till they were asked to take it out and not so attentive to take additional orders. We had to stand and get the dessert menu card ourselves and has to call and repeat what we wanted to order at least two times.

We appreciated the complimentary 'vanilla ice cream' for the mothers but the Gelato Ferrero Roche and Grand Marnier was a bit minimalist of an order?... Cioccolato Souffle is definitely not the best compared to what I actually had in Sienna, and the 'Love Triangle' was nothing special as we hoped it to be...

Nice place to visit but food and service is as important....

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philippines
“Great place but mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My family decided to try Chateau Hestia upon reading all the reviews here and there. Since it was Mother's Day, we booked just that Sunday morning and they were nice enough to make space for us even though they had warned us that it might be tight. Which was totally fine since it was a last minute booking.

The (head) waiter , I'm assuming was very accommodating. He made sure that we were comfortable and informed us of the specials. We were very impressed as the place had a rustic feel with the antiques displayed, artistic with all the painting that are also up for sale. Overall, the place was great and we had a good start with our waiter.

We ordered the cheese, cold cuts and sausage platters to start. As the restaurant also had a deli, the spreads were great and with a good variety. Next up were the pizzas and the pastas. This started the downhill impression of this place for us. The pizza or the pasta was nothing special. My husband makes a better pizza from scratch at home and he is only a neophyte when it comes to that. The pasta on the other hand, lacked taste and coming from a household where each one can make a sauce from scratch, well, the pasta they served was mediocre.

As the place was filling up, the head waiter was busy making sure all the guests are welcomed and comfortable so the younger waiters and waitresses were left to attend to us. They couldn't be bothered cleaning up the table after everyone had finished even after I told them twice to do so since we ordered dessert. We also had a hard time getting their attention and we had to go to the bar to order our dessert, which I repeated 4 times just so they can write it all down.

Then the dessert...the gelato were great except that for Php 85 pesos, all you get is a mini scoop! The souffle was definitely not a souffle. It was heavy and cold. As a consolation, as it was Mother's Day, they gave each mother a (tiny) scoop of Vanilla gelato.

In summation, my family was really looking forward to visiting them. The place is great and we were already considering of spending a night there when we arrived. However, knowing how their food is now, I think I'll spend that night else where. I hope that their service and food improves, it'd be such a waste if they didn't develop their full potential.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manila, Philippines
“Lovely meal and ambiance off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

On Easter Sunday, my family and I checked out from our nearby hotel and made our way to Verbana, a restaurant in Discovery Suites. However, since I wasn't able to book ahead, we were declined because they were full. We decided to take the alternate route to Sta. Rosa exit and chanced upon the sign of Chateau Hestia. Hubby suggested we try it and I immediately agreed as I was getting famished at that time. It was quite a distance from the Tagaytay-Calamba main road but we were in for a visual and gastronomic treat! We parked in a nearby garden and walked towards the restaurant. It was cozy and had lots of paintings, antique stuff, old books and magazines. The serving staff were very friendly and helpful. We immediately examined the menu and decided on the following: a 12 inch pizza margherita for the kids, cream of mushroom soup for me and my kids, onion soup for hubby, osso buco for hubby, porcini pasta for me, their special iced tea and mango shakes. They served us free bread which was very warm and toasty. Shortly thereafter, the soups arrived and they were divine! The mushroom soup tasted like pureed mushroom and had the color of wild mushrooms. It was creamy but not too rich. It was just perfect. Next came the pizza. That blew me away. The thin crust and fresh ingredients of tomato, pesto and mozzarella cheese perfectly blended. It was the best margherita pizza I've ever tasted! My kids and hubby were mmm-ing with delight with each bite of that pizza. Next came the pasta. That brought the house down! Again, the flavor of porcini mushrooms mixed with cream was perfectly blended that made the entire experience so profound. I thought I've passed on and gone to pasta heaven. I know I'm overreacting but it must be the mixture of the quaint surroundings, my hunger and the great food that made that Easter lunch sooo perfect. My hubby's onion soup was good, too, (i'm not a huge fan of onion:-)) and his osso buco practically melts in your mouth. Given the more than modest servings, we thought we couldn't finish our meal but we did! The price is reasonable for the servings we got. After lunch, we explored the garden and we had a grand time. It was truly a glorious day!

Visited April 2012