We spent 4 nights/ 5 days with our 11month old son in a Villa Bungalow at this Resort by getting the special offer to only pay for three nights. The pick up from the airport was included and went very well. The villas are very nice, comfortable and luxury with a huge balcony. It was very quiet with beautiful nature around (the resort area is quiet big with nice walk possibilities). Although the ways to the reception and restaurant can be quite long. It is also far away from the town Luang Prabang, but they arrange taxi for 20 US$ (one way) or take you for free when the staff is going to town anyway. But there are also some things to complain about, for a resort with such high prices. Although everything was very clean, they lack some service like room service, baby cots or baby high chairs at the restaurant. Also as it can get pretty cold here, hot water at the bathroom would be nice (don't worry, the very nice outdoor shower has hot water of cause!). There is no telephone to call for somebody and the restaurant seems to be understaffed, as only one (very friendly guy) is in charge of everything related to service. The pool area is small and the pool was to cold to swim at this time of the year (January). The dishes at the restaurant are the only possibility to get food here and it is a bit expensive, but very good in taste and overall worth the price. Related to the very big size of the villas, the two poor monkeys sitting in a very small cage at the entrance should be relocated, either back to nature or to a bigger (villa-) cage....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Luang Prabang at 12 km form the center, it's the perfect place to enjoy the breathtaking on the Namkhan River and mountains. You will be able to enjoy the NamKhan River with a serene boat ride, kayak or Trek around the Resort and Tad Sae Waterfall or doing yoga and meditation. We just finish to built a new steam room next to our swimming pool. The beautiful onsite restaurant offer excellent choice of menus, using ingredients from organic produces like herbs and vegetables. Unwind at the Ecological chlorine-free pool after a tiring day. Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort is a perfect sanctuary for leisure travelers who seek for sophistication within a serene environment. Please note the road to Luang Prabang is under construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, T4B, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Hotel Ban Xieng Lom
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort Laos/Luang Prabang