Our part had a great time in this beautiful place. A real Shangra La jungle setting. A highlight of a four week trip through Vietnam, laos,and Cambodia. The food was delicious ( but a limited menu, which did not bother us a bit.) Great curries, very nice wine selection. We enjoyed the staff, and the owners. The owner has good taste in music too! The yoga class by moon was challenging. The massages by the local village women were much better than we expected,Ina lovely setting. We walked down to the river at 7:30 am to see the elephants bathing, another high point of our travels. There are few caveats: 1) this area is very steep and the villas are spread across the mountain. If you have trouble walking or use a cane/ wheel chair, this would be challenging. 2) you must ask for an air conditioned room! If not, you will get a room that has no screens and you will need a mosquito net... One guest told me that he changed rooms three times before getting one that was reasonably safe from Mosquitos. 4) the pool was too cold to swim in, and it's too green with algae for most people to swim in. Despite those minor points, this is well two nights and days to enjoy the jungle. Go soon before the new roads and railroads are completed, 2014' which will bring huge numbers of people to Laos.
- Also Known As:
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Hotel Ban Xieng Lom
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Hotel
- Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort Laos/Luang Prabang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Luang Prabang at 12 km form the center, it's the perfect place to enjoy the breathtaking on the Namkhan River and mountains. You will be able to enjoy the NamKhan River with a serene boat ride, kayak or Trek around the Resort and Tad Sae Waterfall or doing yoga and meditation. We just finish to built a new steam room next to our swimming pool. The beautiful onsite restaurant offer excellent choice of menus, using ingredients from organic produces like herbs and vegetables. Unwind at the Ecological chlorine-free pool after a tiring day. Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort is a perfect sanctuary for leisure travelers who seek for sophistication within a serene environment. Please note the road to Luang Prabang is under construction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, T4B, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Zen Namkhan Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.