“Very comfortable stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Norwich Hotel

You added The Norwich Hotel to your Saves list
The Norwich Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   275 Otrobando Avenue, Norwich, CT 06360 (Formerly Norwich Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
PA
“Very comfortable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed 2 nights while visiting our daughter. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. My husband and son are traveling back to Norwich next week and plan to stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Framingham, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel itself was clean enough and the staff was friendly. The mistake was getting a room with a sofa bed as an actual extra bed. The mattress was embarrassingly old (not a real mattress - one of those old blue and white striped things with springs in it) and obviously hadn't been cleaned anytime recently since I found an old potato chip in it. The spring that stuck in my back all night didn't help my opinion of the sofa bed either. The blanket I was given as part of my bedding looked like it was at least 20 years old and had seen its better days, not to mention it had been starched to death. I was afraid to pull it up around me. I tried not to make a big deal out of all of this as my parents were picking up the tab and I was tired from driving all day. The rest of the room was fine, but the hotel should be embarrassed based on that sofa bed/bedding alone. Simply based on that, I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Bristol, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the hotel On July 17, 2010 for one night, as we were watching Vertical Horizon play in Mohegan's Wolf Den, and didn't feel like driving home that night. We paid about $97 for the room through Priceline, about half of what the normal hotel rate was per the hotel website. It was convenient to the highway, and normally I'm not too picky about my hotels. I just want a clean place to sleep for the night. Not too much to ask, right? My husband and I arrived at the hotel at 4pm, and hour after the advertised check-in time. Our room wasn't ready at the time we arrived, but the reception desk worker said we could head up and they would be finished. When we got up to our room, the housekeeping staff said they needed to bring us towels, but other than that the room was set. Not a big deal, we were just dropping off our bags and heading out for the night. I noticed that the couch in the room was covered in "mystery stains," but seeing as how I didn;t plan to sit on it, I didn't think too much of it. We arrived back at our room at 1am after a wonderful night out to find that towels were never brought to the room so we had only one hand towel in the bathroom - no towels or wash cloths. Exhausted, we decided to go to bed, turned down the covers and saw our bloodstained flat sheet. Yes, bloodstained. I was so grossed out and disgusted that I wanted to leave right then and there, but it was so late that we just ripped off the comforter and flat sheet and toughed it out. I wouldn't refer this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Traci and GM is one of the worst ive seen in my days in the Hospitality Industry

Its sad that a place with such potential has a bunch of low class employees

maybe after your pool explodes and soaks the entire lobby, somebody with a brain would attempt to remove the terrible smell...but who knows that stench might be the employees

Jenna at the desk...ehh not the brightest light of the bunch and the crew that forms in the disgusting bar each night, is like a pack of ugly rats, chewing on 10 year old bar nuts

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Plattsburgh, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel for a concert/casino getaway. The hotel is very clean and offers a shuttle to Mohegan Sun. When you get off the shuttle you are presented with a coupon for a $10.00 big wheel bet and a buy one get one buffet coupon or $10.00 at any food outlet. My wife and I used my coupon for the buffet and hers for food to bring back to the hotel for later. This ends up being about $46.00 dollars worth of food for $18.00! One other time we stayed at Mohegan Sun and got NO meals And no bets and the room was 4 times as much. This hotel is a diamond in the rough. We parked our car at the hotel and never had to move it until we checked out 2 days later. This is a great deal and a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I highly reccomend this place.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Naugatuck, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

Our room had 2 double beds, which should be unheard of in the year 2010. Everyone has queen and even king beds at home. Why would you want to stay in a hotel and sleep in a smaller bed than you do at home? I am 5'10" and was hanging off the end of the bed. Also, the bathroom wallpaper pattern and condition looked like it had been there since 1985. We found dried food stuck to our comforter, food wrappers and an empty gatorade bottle under the bed and lint all over the rug, which meant it hadn't been vacuumed well or vacuumed under the beds. We also found quite a bit of sand in the dresser drawers, so we didn't even bother to unpack. We paid $119 a night because we were there with a softball tournament. I heard the normal rate is $199 because it is close to the casinos. It wasn't worth the $119. Cleaning the room doesn't mean doing it quickly and leaving things dirty and unchecked. It was very disappointing and we were glad we only spent a little while in the room each night.

• Stayed June 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I recently stayed here to go to a concert at the Mohegan Sun. I had booked this room back in Febuary. They never told me about the pool or the jucuzzi being out of order. We were told it was on the website saying it was out of order. I spoke to them because I had forgotten something in the room and they said they would fed ex it to me however they wanted my charge card to deliver it to me, when I told them about the inconvience of the pool etc being out of order they said it was that way since December. I specifically asl of the two because that is always part of our get away going in the jucuzzi and the pool. Because of me wanting my item that I forgot they are charging me to send it. I will never stay at this Comfort suite again. As they are rotten liars.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Norwich Hotel? Share your experiences!