“It was Good.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
Austin, Texas
“It was Good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was a little concern about staying here but I had no choice since I was in town during parent weekend at Conn College and all hotels were booked. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, freshly painted. Bathroom had new fixtures and towels were fresh and fluffy. Carpets needs to be replaced and I was told that renovations are in progress. Best part of the stay was the Lounge and the attendant, Patty who was an excellent hostess. The locals are a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Don't look at the carpets.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Selden, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Dirty filthy holes in walls breakfast that i would not feed a dog shuttle in disrepair loose seats
headliner hanging down dirty. i would have been more comfortable at $20. night flop house.
good thing it was only one night

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We first stayed here in February and there was some remodeling going on. Carpeting, painting, etc. The staff was courteous, and helpful. We chose this because the price was very good and we were not far from Mohegan Sun for entertainment. A remarkable blizzard hit that night and the concert was postponed to October. The hotel staff did a good job dealing with the challenging weather.
Returning in October we found much of the remodeling work done. Also, some improvement in the staff. They offer a free shuttle to the casino until 2am.
Room was clean for the most part. Everything in working order. Basic ammenities.
Has a small bar and simple continental breakfast accomodatrions.
We did not try the pool but it looks nice.
This is a good inexpensive hotel just a few miles from Mohegan.

Room Tip: We always look for a room away from the elevator in case of noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dix Hills, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

On 10/4 in the morning the rate for 11/16 was $109.00 While booking 5 rooms on Hotels.com and giving the appropriate credit card info for each room and the individuals in each room, my friend was informed by the agent that the rate was now $229.00 for that night. Instead of applying the lower rate which was advertised when the reservation process began he would have to apply the higher rate for 2 off the rooms that where all the information had not been completed. Personally, I think Comfort Suites should have accepted the lower rate for all the rooms since it takes time for the agent, who apparently had some difficulty understanding the information, a long time to process each individual credit card, address and name. Once the process started the rooms should have been $109.00. This almost seems like a case of bait and switch, offer a lower price and then switch to a higher price. Needless to say we are not staying at the Comfort Suites in Norwich. We originally chose this location because it was near the Mohegan Sun and we had had positives experiences in our previous stays at Comfort Suites,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Woodbine, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked this hotel thinking it was a Choice brand hotel. IT IS NOT! The front desk receptionist, bartender, manager and shuttle driver were all very friendly and helpful, I would not return because the place is just too dirty. The arms on the red lobby furniture we're gray and the floors were muddy looking. In the room, the floors were spotty and the poorly made bed made us wonder if the sheets had been used. On inspection they were clean. The bath was also clean. Noisy activity in the room next door reverberated and vibrated the wall at the head of our bed. The front desk responded but not 'til some time after it stopped. When it restarted we did not call but waited it out. The pool area was poorly lit. So was the exercise room, the floor appeared to be unfinished cement and rough looking as though linoleum had recently been removed. Unadorned, claustrophobic block walls without windows and machines looking like they were just stuck there for storage made me back out the door. The pool towels were dingy and stiff. The shuttle is a convenient and reliable way to visit the Mohegan Sun Casino. The bartender was a hostess whose personality encouraged conversation among customers. The manager was welcoming and offered information about the 2 casinos nearby and a travel update regarding flooded local roads. I left glasses on the bedside table and had to call several times over 3 weeks to have them sent to me at my expense. It was actually a Choice Hotel customer service rep who told me this hotel was no longer one of theirs and offered to get them to respond to my request for glasses return. Needs work!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our first room had keys that didnt work so we went down to get new key and that didnt work so we got a whole new room and when we walked in there was a bed without a comforter, the room was right next to a dumpster and the window had this brown stuff smeared on it. Also, the shower had wrappers and hair in it, the floor next to the bed had crumbs on it and the fridge had mold in it. The halls smelt very bad as well and the van driver who brought us the casino was speeding along the road and was too busy looking at the clip board sign up sheet instead of driving. When we went to the front desk the manager was extremely nice talking to us however the other employee behind the desk left and went to talk to another employee. I over heard her and she was talking trash about my group who I was with because she was saying how we just made a bunch of excuses and how she didn't care for us. As I got closer to her, her friend and she left to the back room. Very unprofessional. I would not spend another nigh here.

• Stayed August 2013
Douglasville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Prior to arriving I tried to find the number on the website but it was no longer on choices website. When I arrived I found out that the hotel was no longer going to be a comfort suites. I would have liked to know this prior to arriving. The hotel was alright for the two nights I stayed there. I can see why choice has pulled out. The hotel needs some upgrades. I think during my stay there were painting. The walls were peeling, tub chipping, the carpet needs changing, etc. The staff was very friendly. They have a shuttle to the casino but it doesn't start running until 3p.m.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Norwich? Share your experiences!