“Adequate, best price in area” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 hotels in Norwich
Providence, RI
“Adequate, best price in area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Visiting Mohegan Sun, we stayed for one night. We didn't use any of the amenities, but the room was fine. There was nothing special about it but considering the price was less than any other hotels in the area, I was pleased with it. It was a weekend so there wasn't any construction noise issues. Shower pressure was bad and the TV remote didn't work well, you also need to sign up early for the shuttle. But, if you plan on spending your time at Mohegan, this place works.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I want to commend the staff at Comfort Suites for my excellent stay there this past weekend. The staff was friendly, polite, and very helpful. Over the course of my stay I met the three women at the front desk and they were all very sweet and accommodating. The room was clean and any problems that I had was quickly fixed by the helpful housekeepers or the staffs handyman. The price was affordable and economic for what I got so I left feeling satisfied. I would stay there again and I think the hotel is sadly underrated from the reviews I have read. RECOMMEND

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

We needed a one night stay and had stayed here years before. The hotel we were told was being renovated on one floor, that was okay but the while place needs major work. Dirty! No ice, had to go to the front desk to get it just like old days, said they were here but maintance man was on an emergancy an couldn't put them in. Tho pool area hadn't changed either, the hot tub was roped off and the bottom of the pool it self needs re-painting nothing's changed. The rooms were so dark needs more lite and you couldn't sit on the couch saged..

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I were attending the American Idol Concert at Mohegan Sun on Labor Day weekend, I love Mohegan Sun, but at $500 a night on the holiday weekend, it was just too expensive. Picked Comfort Suites in Norwich because we'd always found other hotels in this chain to be clean and reasonably priced. Plus they offered a casino shuttle in addition to breakfast included,. It did say check-in was 3 PM but we arrived at 12:30 and were told rather brusquely that 3 PM was the policy. I felt I shouldn't have ignored the reviews about inhospitable management. So we went to lunch and came back at 1:30 prepared to sit in the lobby reading the papers till 3, but the lady at the reservation desk said they had a room ready so I changed my "never again" resolve. The room, while not luxurious, was clean and spacious and the shower was easier to handle than most hotels. The van to the casino was a bit old, in fact the seats were kind of rickety. But the driver, Paul, was a gem. He actually came in early for his shift and that gave us more time for dinner. After the concert he was just where he said he'd be at 10:20 PM. We were on our way next day after a breakfast with a lot of choices. Again, not palatial, but at $98 for the room we couldn't complain. A good alternative if you're on a budget. The only disappointment on the weekend was the concert. Oh yeah, and I donated about $70 to the tribe.

Room Tip: The third floor has construction (Sept. 2012), so get the 5th Floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Hampton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This hotel was disgusting! It looked like no one had vacuumed the halls or the room EVER! Nothing was updated, everything was very old looking. The walls in the room were concrete and painted yellow with no pictures or anything. There was a huge booger smeared on the wall of our bathroom. The toilet clogged the first time we went to flush it (after my husband peed.. no toilet paper) and a plunger was dropped off to us by the kid who was working the front desk! So gross!!! We stayed at a hotel in boston for less than this price that was gorgeous.. I know it's located near the casino but it's norwich, ct not a major city. It was way overpriced.. especially for how outdated and dirty it was!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We looked up Comfort Suites online before making our reservation. One of the reasons we chose to stay there was because they offered free shuttle rides to Mohegan Sun Casino and back every hour on the hour. However when we tried to get on the shuttle, they told us that we should have made a reservation earlier in the day. We were not told we would need a reservation for the shuttle when we booked the room. Because of its close proximity to the casino, the hotel allows people to check in up until 7 am. We returned from the casino after midnight and woke up to the sound of drilling/sanding going on right next to our room. These loud noises continued up until we checked out at 11am. When I brought this up to the desk attendant upon checkout, she told me that there is a sign on the desk notifying customers and that it was my fault for not having seen the sign. When we booked the room on the phone, we were not told that the hotel was undergoing renevations. We were however, told that once we finished the call, we were obligated to pay for the room and unable to cancel our reservation. The desk attendant was completely unsympathetic and treated us rudely. We learned as we exited that we were not the only dissatisfied customers.

The sign behind the front desk states, "Customer satisfaction guarenteed." I assure you that is not the case. Needless to say, we will not be using Comfort Suites again. :(

• Stayed August 2012
Fairfield, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

a free shuttle to and from. We got our room from Priceline which saved us a considerable amount of money to stay here. We took a chance when we booked this room as we got it through Priceline and all we knew was 2 ½ stars, didn’t know which hotel. It’s not a pretty area as its in the middle of an industrial park but we weren’t looking for this,, we wanted proximity to the casino and Rhode island. What made us very happy here was the front desk woman who was short in stature but big in personality. We got there late morning, figured we’d have to wait hours to check in but nope she got us in right away. We’d missed breakfast but she got us some yogurt for a snack. She referred us to a good restaurant in the area and was so very helpful with everything that we asked her.

Sure the hotel is a little older and is a little musty however, they are in the middle of remodeling and these things take time. Our room was clean and came with a coffee maker, microwave and fridge. The breakfast was very yummy and they have coffee in the lobby 24/7. There is a free shuttle to/from Mohegan Sun casino. I saw someone comment about the dirtiness of the room, our room was fine and I didn’t notice anything at all. There was also a comment from someone complaining about the shuttle about how it’s a pain. It’s really not, you have to sign up for it and you need some idea of when you want to go there/leave but it’s not a pain, it’s very convenient and quite nice.

We are hotel snobs generally speaking and have two favorite hotels, one is one right on the ocean in Florida with a fancy pool and tiki bar. The other one where we are honors members we get our complimentary beverage of choice at our door each morning. Leave that stuff aside. This hotel is perfect for what it is, a conveniently located hotel close to the casinos, New London and Rhode Island, etc. We also enjoyed the coffee in the lobby, the breakfast in the morning, the shuttle to the casino. What would bring us back here aside from these things is the superb hospitality of the lovely front desk gal who was so accommodating to make sure we were happy and our stay was satisfactory.

Room Tip: Just know what type of hotel this is, not a "serious vacation luxury hotel", its a place f...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Norwich? Share your experiences!