“Clean newer hotel. Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Norwich
Windham, Connecticut
“Clean newer hotel. Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed one night after a wedding. The staff members were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. Overall nice stay. Pricey for just staying in to sleep. But eould recommend for anyone staying in the Norwich area. Its close but not too close that you are in downtown Norwich

• Stayed September 2012
whgecomm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Norwich, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear jennyrose0853:

Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at our Courtyard - Norwich, CT. I'd also like to thank you for choosing us as your lodging choice after the wedding. Our location is very convenient to so many wedding venues and I hope you had a nice time.

I'm happy to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and were satisfied with the accommodations, overall cleanliness and most importantly our Team of Associates! I will be sharing your comments with our entire staff. If you are ever back in our area, I hope you will visit us again!

Joanne Minas

159 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

every stay in a marriott is always a pleasant experience.
spotless rooms and bath and comfortable beds with extra feather pillows never goes wrong.
staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they have a complimentary shuttle to mohecan sun .....whats not to like.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I think Average best describes the hotel. It is good for one night! I think they need lots of improvement in custom service. I would say the staff just didn't seem happy with their jobs. We put in for a wake up call but it never came............thank god we were not trying to make a flight. The room was fine and the bed was comfortable.......what you would expect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a great hotel, and you're best option if you plan on visiting either Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods.

The hotel itself is very modern, bright, and clean. The staff is extremely friendly and professional. This hotel has an updated lobby, which includes features such as a business center, market (beer, wine, snacks, etc.), and a bistro where you can sit down and have something to eat/drink.

The rooms are very clean and spacious. Also a major plus is that when the hotel says their check out time is noon, they mean it. Housekeeping doesn't knock on your door a bunch of times in the morning to see if you have checked out or not.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle service (although you should tip the driver a dollar or two) to Mohegan Sun. It is about a 10 minute trip, and the shuttles leave the hotel starting at 5:50PM, and the last trip is at 11:50PM. The shuttle fills up quickly, so be sure to reserve your spot when you check in. The shuttle driver also gives each guest a Mohegan Sun coupon book with 10-20% off coupons to use at a lot of the restaurants and shops at the casino. The coupon book doesn't include any "free bet" vouchers, but there is a coupon for $10 free slot play if you are a new Players Club member.

Overall it was a very pleasant experience staying at this hotel, and I will stay here on any future trips to Mohegan.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
whgecomm, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Norwich, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Evan M:
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay and letting us know about your experience. I am happy to read you were pleased with our location, accommodations, the services we offer and most importantly our Team! I will be sharing your comments with our Staff as they always enjoy hearing our guests' feedback. If you are back in the area again or visiting the casinos, I hope you will visit us again!

Joanne Minas
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The lobby is great. Big and plenty of places to sit and relax, or plug your computer in and work. I don't, however, think there was ever a staff member at their "bar."
Three of my friends and I stayed there as we were attending a concert at Mohegan Sun. The Hotel offers a free shuttle, which is nice, but the driver drove like a Nascar driver and there was no AC in our van. It felt like we were sitting in an oven the entire trip over.
The room was typical with comfortable beds...and clean. The only downside was that the room smelled like old feet.
I would go back again, just would not take the shuttle until they get the AC fixed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is fine if you are staying in the Norwich area. The rooms are just OK. They need updating. The light in the toilet/shower area was dim. There was a bit of mold on the shower curtain. The lobby appears to have been recently updated and it is attractive and modern. Our breakfast experience was strange. We were given a voucher for breakfast as I pre-paid to have breakfast included, but nothing was clear when we ordered. We weren't sure how much food was included since the breakfast menu items were a la carte. We couldn't have all the items we ordered (my son could not have both a water bottle and an orange juice!) then were told halfway into breakfast that we needed to sign a receipt. The gentleman helping us was super friendly, but had no idea what was allowed (he was new), but it was a confusing system in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Palm - Eagle Beach, Aruba
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I picked this hotel based on prior good reviews. I booked a Babymoon for me and hubby so we could do a day a the Spa at Norwich Inn, a day driving a Modified at Thompson Motor Speedway (for hubby), and we visited the Casinos at night. Upon check in, the room was clean and neat, but seemed a smidge hot, I went to the AC and turned it on high. I am 7 months pregnant and I can't be hot!. Anyhoot, by 4 am I was tossing and turning becuase the room was very hot. I called down to the lobby to see if they could send anyone up, he said nope, has to wait till tomorrow which I think is ridiculous, worse night of sleep I had was the first night there. I go down to the lobby to get breakfast (nothing but coffee is complimentary) and waited over 20 mins because the girl behind the counter was on break?? I ended up leaving and we got breakfast on the road. On the 3rd day, we came back to our room for a nap to find it wasn't even cleaned, called downstairs and said the room was never cleaned, they apologized and said someone will clean it when we leave again. After getting back from dinner, go up to the room to find a few new towels, some soap and the room was not clean, called the front desk again and I was told because we had socks on the bed they woudlnt make it? Complete nonsense and totally not typical of a Marriott stay. I find it a little cheap that they dont offer a complimentary breakfast and the service was poor. I wont stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Norwich hotels

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Norwich? Share your experiences!