“Convenient, clean, and comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Norwich
Ithaca, NY
“Convenient, clean, and comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

Got this room through Priceline and was VERY HAPPY. Our room was big and clean and the beds were comfortable. The only small problem was a lack of towels when we checked in, but we told the front desk on our way out and when we returned a full set of towels was in our room.

Basically what previous reviewers said was true for us too. Great room and great location to the casinos. Visited Foxwoods and Mohegan sun. Also within easy driving distance is a shopping area along rte 82 with an array of stores.

I took pictures but won't upload them as they look exactly like the pictures that have already been uploaded. This is definitely a great place to stay for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Westhampton Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I live on Eastern Long Island and had a business meeting in Boston on Wed. 6/17. We decided to leave on Tuesday and have some fun at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun too. We stayed in Norwich because of it's proximity to both casinos. We were very happy with our room on the 6th floor. It was quiet and clean. Easy to get onto 395 in either direction. I would stay again. The staff was more than pleasant and the bar was fun too!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for business one weekend in October 2008. My laptop was stolen right out of my room. To this day (May 2009) I am trying to get reimbursed. It is obvious at this point that they are covering up that someone from their hotel stole my laptop.

Be advice - Do NOT stay at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

Stayed for one night for a trip to Mohegan. Check-in was a breeze and the room was very large and extremely comfy (king non smoking.) The room was clean as well as what parts of the hotel we saw. Price was steep (over 300 for a saturday night) but unstandable with its proximity to the casino. Free shuttle was helpful (even tho having to pick when you will leave and come back is inconvenient) and they give you a 10 dollar coupon for gaming or food.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

We chose this hotel because of the location in regards to Mohegan Sun. The hotel is right off the highway and a short 5 minute ride from the casino. I would recommend staying here if you are planning to go to Mohegan Sun.They offer free shuttle service (the van seats approx 15 people and fills up fast so plan to arrive early and reserve your seats on the shuttle), along with a free buffet dinner at Mohegan and $10pp to gamble in a certain area of the casino. The room was fine, clean and roomy. Our only complaints were these loud clanging noises that sounded like heating pipes that woke us up early and kept us awake. Also they ran out of hot water for showers in the morning right before check out. The front desk was very accomodating and adjusted our room rate because of these two problems. The breakfast buffet was edible but nothing special and would probably check out a different restaurant in the future. The lounge/bar is quiet and could use a little updating and music. We did not check out the indoor pool. It is not a fancy hotel and the location right off the highway is not scenic or pretty, but the rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. Not a bad deal for what we paid.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

We used priceline to book at this hotel for a weekend at Mohegan Sun. I had never stayed there before but I got a great deal. Staying there was a great experience. The hotel was very clean, clearly renovated. The room was one of the nicest I have seen and the bathroom was perfect. The shuttle service to Mohegan was helpful and the drive was under five minutes. No complaints whatsoever...
And the next morning after a fresh night of snow, we awoke to find that everyone's car had been brushed off!!! Talk about service!
I won't hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Liked — Very nice rooms, clean bathrooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

I have not yet stayed at this hotel, but so far my customer service experience has been terrible. One of the most important things to find at a hotel is hospitality. I don't feel good about this stay at all. See below for the complaint I lodged at Holiday Inn.com:

I had looked into booking a room at the Holiday Inn in Norwich for New Years Eve, thanks to its proximity and free shuttle to Mohegan Sun, where I am attending a concert. Due to the structure of the website, I was under the impression that I would be charged a flat rate of 110.95 per night, both for 12/31 and 1/1. The different price for NYE ($255) was not made clear to me until after I hit "Submit."

I had read and understood that, as this was an 'Advanced Purchase' rate, cancellations were not allowed. However, I agreed to this provision based on the rates I thought I was getting, which was $110.95 per night. The website did not make the pricing overtly clear until after my reservation was made.

Directly after I realized the mistake, I called the hotel in question. The woman I talked to told me to call back the next day, when her manager, Richard, would be in. I called Richard the next day, explained my dilemma, and even emailed him a screen-shot of what I saw on my computer and how the higher price of $255 was not made clear to me. Richard told me he would look into this and call back. After a couple of days, I called him back. He still insisted he could not help me or cancel my reservation.

This experience is incredibly frustrating to me. I chose this hotel based on the excellent rates that I thought I was seeing on the screen. I had no problem agreeing to the no-cancellation provision as I definitely am coming to Mohegan that night and didn't think I could find a better rate. I feel as though the website was not clear on the price (or the tax, for that matter... there was also a notice that said tax was not included for the nights Dec 31-Jan 2), and mislead me into paying a fee that I was not prepared to pay.

Richard's unwillingness to budge when clearly a mistake had been made, has caused me to look very unfavorably upon the hotel. I do not wish to undermine the fine print that I agreed to when making the reservations. I just wish that what I had seen on the site had been honored, or that the website made itself absolutely clear on the fares they were charging before binding me into such a contract.

Stayed December 2008

Been to Holiday Inn Norwich? Share your experiences!