“friendly staff, very clean,” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salem, Connecticut
“friendly staff, very clean,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here for a week after selling my home, the rooms were very clean, and considering I do have ocd that's a big compliment. There weren't too many people in the hotel so I was the only person on my floor, until a convention came in, and even then they placed all those people in a different floor on purpose to keep my floor quiet. There's a restaurant and bar in the lobby which was nice. The staff was very accommodating considering I just sold my home and my new house wasn't ready, so the hotel was basically my temporary home. I'm up all night usually and even the third shift person was nice. And most third shift people aren't. Every day the room was cleaned. The bathrooms especially were in great shape. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It's always great to hear from our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that my late night team was accomodating. We look foward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

First off we should of had money off because there was no pool, the rooms were filthy the were dust bunnies behind my bed and cigarette buds and the food was god dam awful. Next we had taken the shuttle bus to Mohengen and right off the bat me and my kids and i almost busted are behinds on that step stool it looks like the same step stool that my kid uses to brush his teeth. Then when we were driving to and from the Mohegen the man wouldn't turn the air on and was playing elevator music. I WILL NEVER STAY AT YOUR HOTEL EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Dear BobbySanders69,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in the Holiday Inn Norwich Hotel soon.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Melville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We are a travel baseball team from LI and played in a tournament and stayed here – The hotel itself was large to accommodate players, coaches and family keeping them all together on one floor. The rooms were clean and big. This allowed the boys to share rooms and give them space to “hang out” and relax. The hotel itself was very convenient because it has a sports bar/restaurant at the location. The hotel staff was VERY accommodating. Denise, the front desk manager, couldn’t do enough for everyone. She helped arrange dinner at the sports bar, breakfast in the morning and worked around our changing schedule based on game times. Not only is this hotel a great find for the team but for those parents who wanted to get away for a few hours the hotel offers a shuttle to/from the casino which is only a few minutes down the road. Good hotel even better staff! Needs some updating but highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
kwsun12, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and your team's expirence with our hotel and it is a pleasure to host all of our guests. It is through your comments that we can continue to keep good customers, such as you, coming back to our hotel and also help other understand the potential experiences they will have if they choose to stay with us. Again, many thanks! We truly enjoyed being of service to you and your group, and look forward to serving your group again in the future.
Dayville CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Being a frequent Friday night karaoke guest, id like to comment on the previous review, having overheard some of your conversations that night. Blaming management and staff for keeping you and your family is safe shows a lack of responsibility on your part. Perhaps instead of sitting at the bar til 1am, ignoring phone calls from your children upstairs asking when you were coming back, you should have stayed in your room with them. Its not the management fault you aren't good parents. I may be biased having to come to know the staff and never having an issue, and when I have stayed at the hotel, i also never had any issues. The staff do the best they can, especially with dealing with losers like you.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brian D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments we love to hear from our guests. I hope you continue to enjoy the karaoke
Halifax, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I and my three children stayed for 2 nights with our softball team. We were made to feel as if we were suspicious characters by the manger. Having to escort my children any place they went in the hotel.
The room was ok the pool was hot as _____. The other staff was good but the manager needs work.
I will leave out the details of the stay as they are numerous and this experience has taken too much of my time as it is.
I did ask why we were treated this way when checking out and was given this response.
We want to make sure you family is safe, many of the guests that stay are young men that visit the casino and get drunk. These men can’t tell if a girl is 15 years old from an older guest and may get rude or improper with our children. So these rules are for your protection.

None of this was explained when the room was booked and it seems to me that we were made to suffer for the behavior of other guests. This info would have been nice to know before we paid such a fee to consort with drunken predators.
Not a place I will stay again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience your group may have experienced.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and we are taking the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

In an effort to retain your patronage and to demonstrate our commitment to guest satisfaction, we did not charge your group for the meeting rooms that was used on Saturday evening.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we appreciate all of the business that you send our way. If you have any other concern or need additional assistance, please feel free to call me at any time.
Monroe, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

General areas of Hotel very run-down and in need of repair. Pool area needs a fresh coat of paint and AIR CONDITIONING. It was at least 95 degrees in the pool area. Room was just ok, clean but nothing special. Woke up with bad lower back pain (as did my wife, so it wasn't just me). Biggest thing - avoid breakfast at all costs, or it will cost YOU!! Food was terrible, and even if you opt to include a "breakfast voucher" as part of your stay, it will cost you at least another $10/person. Had better food at the ballpark....

Overall, would not stay again, and I am a very flexible traveller.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brian D, Manager at Holiday Inn Norwich, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations as we always strive to give great guest service. The common areas will be going under renovations late fall.
Hopewell Junction, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This property is all by itself about 15 min to spectacular Mohegan Sun Casino. If this place is priced cheaper then it is a good alternative. Shuttle service was very reliable. The CD of the person in concert at Mohegan was actually playing in the van. The building is a nice high rise. The entrance, lobby, rooms are absolutely basic. Love it when bottled water is given free in room.Plenty of pillows. Pool area was insanely hot but listed as under renovation. Down the road is a full service chain gym, Dunkin Donuts and a Wendys. You will be ok here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
We welcome your return as we will be going under renovations in March-2013 and will have a larger gym and the pool area will be completely renovated. Hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Norwich? Share your experiences!