“Good all around” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Willington, Connecticut
“Good all around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Four of us went here tonight. The beer was cold ( a make or break for me) and the bread was fantastic. Tortellini soup was ok, and steak pizzaiola was very good. My wife had Flounder Florentine and she said it was excellent. The waiter was attentive and the restaurant is clean, and well lit. It's a little pricey, but not real bad. Friends say their pizza is good too.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Hartford, Connecticut
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We had two salads and two pasta meals. The minestrone was watery and not substantial. The cobb salad was served with slices of bacon which appeared more appropriate for a warming tray at a brunch than on a salad. The baked ziti was ok but certainly nothing special. Similarly, the other meals were average. Service staff was attentive. Good location to get some food near Dodd Stadium but the food is average at bet.

Visited July 2013
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Friendly and serves a purpose but no more than average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Seems something of a local favourite on a Friday night and as a consequence was very busy when we visited. Despite this we were seated quickly, albeit at a slightly 'sticky' table, where private conversation was all but impossible given the close proximity of the fixed tables all seemingly aimed at accommodating two or four people. Our waiter tried hard and was very amiable and attentive if not completely adept at keeping our food on the plate. The portions were generous though they would certainly have benefitted from being hotter and left something to be desired in terms of both taste and presentation. Kind of like an eighties 'Little Chef' serving make believe Italian food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nothing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Lived around the corner for about 6years now never have had anythin other then pizza . Well ordered the pasta bolganase, Not kidding I thought they forgot to put any meat in the sauce. I was able to scrounge up a scant tablespoon full . Alfredo sauce was etable. My 2 year old nephew spit out his meatball so I tasted it hard pre frozen tuck don't blame him . Chicken parm again microwaved precooked. I wanted to call and complain but I decided it will be a pizza only place Nd that if nothing else is open . I have been to other Illianos this is by far the worst.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, Connecticut, United States
“Dissappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was there for dinner last night-usually use take out. Ordered soup and french fries-comfort food-the soup was supposed to be squash soup-it was chunks of butternut squash thrown in the same base as pasta fagioli soup. It was cold and so were the fries. Was seated with a baby near the kitchen. Everytime I got up to help the baby in his highchair I was asked to move so the waiters and waitresses could get by. Poor placement and poor food. We felt run over and the baby started to cry-usually he loves restaurants and is happy anywhere. I think it was because it was so hectic where we were. I think I will stick to take out. Nice waitress though-she was trying real hard.

Visited February 2013