“Best calzone I've had!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Norwich, Connecticut
“Best calzone I've had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I went here last night and tried the Pumper calzone (hamburger, pepperoni, sausage, bacon).. it was amazing, best I have had in a long time! They put tons of meat and cheese in there, so every bite was tasty, not just bread with no filling. The dough was baked to perfection as well, and they gave us a nice sauce to dip it in. I could eat another one now, it was that good! We also got a plain cheese pizza, which is very good as well. They have a nice medium crust, not greasy, and their sauce has a good flavor, which is think the combo of those two is what makes a pizza. I would have liked a little more cheese on that, just because I tend to OD on cheese, but I would eat it again no problem.

The service is incredibly friendly as well, they checked on us several times, and it is BYOB, so if you feel like eating there, that's a plus as well, although it looks like most of their orders are take out. The inside is not huge, but it has it's charm with the firehouse memorabilia. Regardless we will be eating here or taking out again. Two big thumbs up!

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hicksville, New York
“Gluten Free clazones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Found this place online while at foxwoods. This place has a wonderful staff that is knowledgeable on their gluten free products and didnt taste bad either. If they can do it right others need to try harder. Very pleasant staff and cool story to the place too.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem CT
“Takeout one night, Great Pizza !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

did not dine in , had takeout ... very friendly staff .. will surely go back, gotta try it , we had the all meat pizza .. cooked to perfection

• Visited July 2013
Southbury, Connecticut
“Great Alternative for Area Visitors on a Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

While planning a day trip to the nearby Pequot Museum, I discovered a coupon for Engine 6 Pizza Company, so we decided to give it a try. It turned out to be a good choice.

My dining companion orderd pasta and I had a calzone. Both dishes were competently prepared a very reasonably priced, even before our coupon. Service was quick and friendly and the décor, as you might imagine revolved around the firehouse theme.

If I lived in the Norwich area, I would not hesitate to make this a "go-to" place.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakdale, Connecticut, United States
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

just your average pizza restaurant .... - .but I am being required to enter over one hundred characters

Visited March 2012