“Really???” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
NYC
“Really???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went with a friend for a quick getaway and was extremely disappointed. The grounds are beautiful. The property needs to be updated- carpets are stained, decor horrible, rooms have poor a/c, beds are hard. The food is expensive and not edible- the lobster had no flavor, and other items had no flavor and were greasy. The spa is good not great and the staff is very nice. Dinner was crowded and understaffed and frankly our waiter was rude. The clubhouse by the outdoor pool smelled of bug repellent.

Visited August 2012

New Haven, Connecticut
“Spa nice, hotel outdated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed overnight with husband. Rooms were $$, so had high expectations. Found room large, but very in need of updating. Rust in the tub, carpet was uneven and bed was lumpy. Biggest complaint was how the room air quality was. It was extremely musty. When asked staff for room change they said they were full but would send housekeeping. Housekeeping sprayed a very strong lysol type of spray as when we returned to the room we were overcome by fumes.
Spa staff was accommodating. Enjoyed spa services. First time I have been over a weekend. Have been many times during week. I would advise visiting the spa weekday over weekend as it is very busy and loud, you loose that relaxation feel.

Visited July 2012
New Canaan, Connecticut
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I booked through hotwire for an overnight stay near the Mohegan Sun Casino. The Inn was so beautiful, the grounds lovely, so many activities and my villa so elegant that I spent more time there than casino hopping as I had planned. I definitely will return again and again.

Visited June 2012
Norwich, Connecticut
5 attraction reviews
“The Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The food at the Spa is superb! Atmosphere within the spa is great and the grounds are beautiful.

Visited June 2012
Ellicott City
“They get some things right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I spent four days here, two of them weekend days. I had a great massage (Norwich Signature Massage-not too intense, but not too wimpy) and a great facial (Crystal Peel), both those practitioners seemed knowledgable and skilled. The next day I had one of their "Specialty Treatments", the Nirvana, which combined two of the other treatments. It was very over priced and not worth it. I'm not sure what level of training the practitioner had to deliver this "Ayurvedic" treatment. They may want to offer too much, they have a lot of interesting looking "Specialty Treatments" but I think next time I'd stick w/ the massage and facial.
I like that the whole spa includes a 19% tip for all services in the Spa and in the restaurant. What we had of the restaurant was not very impressive and discouraged us from having an expensive evening meal in the restaurant. You cannot get a good cup of coffee there to save your life...bring your own.
We stayed in a villa which was very nice, it even had a real working fireplace (too bad it was end of May). The grounds are beautiful and relaxing, at least during the week. I would agree w/ one of the other reviewers who said it was too crowded on the weekend. I didn't have a spa treatment on Sat and from what I could see I was glad of that.
I had one really good yoga class and one so-so class.
All in all I would probably go back (during the week, w/ my own coffee and eating somewhere else).

Visited May 2012