“Inconsistent is the name of the game” 2 of 5 stars

181 West Town St, Norwich, CT
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Prime 82 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 103 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Southeastern CT
“Inconsistent is the name of the game”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I just had my third visit to Prime 82 and felt compelled to write a review. First visit, ambiance with awesome. Faux fireplace on, classy music piping through and a wonderful waiter was complimented by fantastic food. Next two visits did not capture the same ambiance. This time the music was not classy, the scallops may have been ransid and the baked potato was killed in its skin. The sign outside stated Chicken Rice as the soup of the day but when it was SERVED, the waitress stated. "They told me it is beef rice instead (what??)." Bread plates where on the tables but I guess they have decided to stop serving bread while you wait. I was hoping to have found a good local restaurant but after the last experience, I regret to say it was likely my last.

Norwich, Connecticut, United States
“Prime 82 for ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The best Place for dining in the area!! It.will be MY lifetime best experience! The Food,Service,Atmosphere exellent I am Visit the Prime82 very Often and i reccomend to all my Friends.While i am there i Feel very Good,i Feel like be MY PLACE!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NE USA
“Convenient for hotel stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

While staying at the Courtyard Marriott, we visited Prime 82 for 3 meals. Food and service was ok. We ate at the bar on night and our barmaid was efficient and pleasant. There seemed to be something off, each visit - cold chowder one night, overpriced lackluster nachos another. I don't know that we would have driven here more than once; we appreciated the convenience of the location.

Norwich, Connecticut
“Food was good - service was terrible!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my boyfriend and two other couples on New Year's Eve 2012. The service was awful! The waiter didn't know anything about the menu or the beers on tap. I asked him to describe one of the beers I was interested in, and he mocked my question. It took about 20 minutes after we got our drinks before he came back to take our dinner orders. After that, it was an hour before we got our meals! I know it was New Year's Eve, but the restaurant did not seem busy (there were empty tables all around) and they had a special streamlined menu for the night. One of my friends found a hair in her food, and when she showed it to our waiter, he made a joke out of it. At the end of the meal, my boyfriend spoke to the manager to let him know we were displeased with the service, and the manager laughed and dismissed his complaint! I will say that when the food finally arrived, it was good, but the service from the waiter and manager made for a terrible experience! I would not recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012
Ashford, Connecticut
“STAY AWAY!!! WASTE OF MONEY!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had eaten at this restaurant before and it was mediocre. We thought we would give it another shot - TERRIBLE!! We waited for drinks...who knows what the bartender was doing. I received my cocktail complete with insect. We waited for our appetizers and when we asked if there was a problem, the answer was "we have alot of people" . Intersting how the tables weren't full. There was a party of about 20 next to us and they, along with everyone else in the restaurant, were still waiting for their food. Doesn't a restaurant WANT "alot of people"? Apps came: shrimp way overpriced at $2 per shrimp, scallops in bacon were like rubber. Meal came: Delmonico steaks were mostly fat and undercooked. We actually paid $130 for this meal only because my husband felt bad for the waitress. A complete waste of money. Never again.

• Visited October 2012