“Great stay for price and location” 4 of 5 stars

Rosemont Suites
181 West Town Street, Norwich, CT 06360   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Norwich
New york
“Great stay for price and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We decided rally last minute to go to Mohegan sun with our children...i looked at every hotel in a 20 miles radius.. we booked here and sadi whatever it it.. we have stayed in a lot worse and traveling with 3 kids its hard. and for this price it was great... I got an email from the hotel friday tell me with instructions on what to do for check in. You have to go to into the Courtyard in the front .. i went in the girl was really nice and even checked us in at 1:30 which was great. I asked for a rollaway and she said it should not be a problem. All we had to do was drive around the parking lot and we were there... we got to our room (stairs only) on the 2nd floor.. It was your basic room.. very large and plenty of room .. the bathroom was a little small but had a great shower...we then left to go to the casino and on our way out we saw someone who worked for the courtyard walking into the building and we asked if our room could get more towels and he sadi you are the room with the rollaway.. this was only about 5 minutes after we checked in. When we got back to our room the bed and the towels were there.. and these were good towels:)
The only problem was there was two rooms of college age adults in the room next to us but only in the hallway could you hear them.. except at 3am i heard there doos slamming.. maybe need to put up a sign to remind not to let doors slam at 3am!! overall it was a good stay for the very inexpensive price we paid!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

Read reviews from here and thought...sounds like a perfect place to stay since we wouldn't be spending much time in hotel. Really just needed a place to stay near Mohegan (going for a concert that night) at a decent price. When we walked in the room air conditioner was blasting-RED FLAG!!!! Woke up in morning to find FLEAS!!!!! Needless to say we had to bag all our clothes, take them to get cleaned and still had flea bites! DISGUSTING! Worst part is that management was obviously aware of this and still had the nerve to put us in that room! They did comp the room,as they should. My husband and I travel all over and usually star at 4 or 5 star resorts and now I know why we should stick to them!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

For a B'day celebration, we planned a girlfriends weekend to Mohegan Sun. After reading the reviews for this hotel, it sounded perfect ,so I booked it. The first thing I did though was call to see if there were discounts for AAA or AARP. The manager that I spoke to was extremely short on the phone and essentially laughed in my face(red flag) when asking for a discount ("$129 is the best deal around!")..when we got to the hotel, you have to check in at the Marriott. When I said I was at the Rosemont, the tone changes. They have a big book that reservations are in, no computer for there!( red flag)..the building is behind the marriott..It boasts kitchenettes, etc.When we got to the room , it smelled of smoke (I had requested a non-smoking) when I called down to ask this, I was told, "yes, it's a smoking, we didn't have any non-smoking left" (essentially told me tough luck) The room had 2 queens and they brought up a rollaway, which was one of the highlights as it was actually a bed. The "kitchenette" was a smal fridge, tiny coffee maker and sink. No utensils, glasses etc. The bathroom is tiny with a pocket door and had 1/4 of a roll of TP left and no spares. We had to call for extra towels, which was interesting in itself as the only thing in the room was an OLD pushbutton phone with no directions etc. Nothing else in the room, no clock, no brochures, not even a bible. They do have a free shuttle to MS and Norm (driver) was the highlight of our trip. Checking out the next day I asked if I could get Marriott points for this stay. I was directed to the manager that I am SURE I spoke to on the phone about a discount. He looked at me like I was insane for asking and very rudely said "No, no way"...my receipt for the stay was a tiny piece of register tape. Anyway, I would NEVER recommend staying except for the shuttle...and Norm..

Room Tip: all rooms smell of smoke, bring extra toiletries. All in all don't stay here, stya at the Marrio...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Westchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

i went overnight as my daughter was attending a function locally and I did not wish to spend the night in a school.

Please note you must check in at the Marriott in front. You will have availability to all facilities at the Marriott. You then drive to the hotel which is located behind the Marriott. You have a key entry. Our room was nice spacious, with kitchenette, and confortable beds. I have no complaints at all. I had a friend meet me later and we drove to Mohegan Sun - 6 miles away for a looksee. Now the Marriott has a limo service, not sure if Rosemont Suite has access to that also.

Ate in their restaurant which was ok, but found a hair in my food, and made a complaint to the waitstaff, who came back stating they did not know where the hair came from as the chef does not have hair. Very strange.

Overall this hotel is fine, for the money and the stay. The walls were a bit thin, but if you want to go to Mohegan Sun - and not pay crazy prices this hotel is perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

As a budget conscience traveler in this economy, I was looking for a hotel near Mohegan Sun Casino that would be clean, comfortable and not break my budget. I found that at the Rosemont Suites in Norwich, Ct. On tehir website currently, they are featuring an offer where as a new customer, register your email for future deals and get 25% off your first stay. A room that would have been $109 turned out to be $81.75!
I will admit I was a little put off pulling into the parking lot, as the hotel shares the same lot as the Norwich Courtyard Marriott, and is in the back and smaller. But we were completely happy upon checking into the room. We got a double-2 queen beds, chair, table with two chairs and a kitchenette with working dorm fridge, microwave and sink. The bathroom was large and had an alcove with sink and vanity. Plus, the shower worked awesome. Best shower in all of the hotels and motels and B&B's that I have ever stayed in. Plus, you get all the amenities of the Courtyard in their building but at a cheaper rate than the Courtyard, so how can you go wrong?
This will definitely be the hotel I come back to when going to Mohegan Sun! You definitely will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rosemont Suites? Share your experiences!