“New Years Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
connecticut
“New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Simply wonderful. Great Service, Wonderful location. 5 min away from Mohegan. It really was a great experience. The folks there pride themselves on service.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Port Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

As I am a New Yorker, I was going to stay at Gurney's Inn in Long Island for a much needed time of rest and relaxation until I found out that there was no cancellation policy even though it was winter. That completely turned me off so I "x'-ed" that off my list and searched in Connecticut for an overnight spa experience. I AM THRILLED THRILLED THRILLED THAT I FOUND THIS PLACE.

It is lovely old inn with villas (which is where I stayed). The food was good, the place was clean, the service beyond expectation and the spa delicious. One of the employees remarked "if you don't feel like a vegetable by the end of the day, we haven't done our job." My brain was in complete relaxation by the end of the trip. No more aches pains stresses, etc.

The best part of the Spa and accomodations and etc. is the people. They are actually "nice" and "caring." I know the new thing now is training employees to be like the olden days ... "helpful" but these people were innately nice. What I pleasure. I am going back in a few months for sure.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel & spa over the Christmas break (3 nights). Our family was in Old Saybrook, CT. so the Inn was a perfect location (close enough to be with family all day and yet far enough away to recharge each day). The service was excellent, the rooms well kept and inviting, and the food was delicious (we ordered room service all three mornings). On our final day, we used the spa all morning. Amazing facilities and our couples deep tissue massage was heavenly.

A great value all around which offered us total peace of mind.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

This past Christmas I took my fiancee to the Spa at Norwich Inn. What fantastic service, meals and treatments we had. Altogether it was the perfect setting after a stressful year; a warm relaxing environment, delicious meals and superb treatments. My fiancee had a host of treatments while I relaxed, I later joined her for a couples massage. It was the best deep tissue massage I've ever had. I'll certainly be back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Hartford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

I have been spending some of my get-away weekends at the Spa at Norwich Inn for years. Since 2000, I have come and spent my time there at least 4 or 5 times a year. It is an ideal relaxation destination for those of us within an hour or two of eastern Connecticut. I feel like I'm cut off from the rest of the world once I'm checked and that's exactly what I am looking for. However, when I feel like venturing outwards, there is plenty to do within minutes! Mohegan Sun casino offers nightlife, concerts, and fantastic restaurants. If I am in the mood for something that is both healthy and absolutely delicious, though, I will always visit the on site restaurant Kensington's or sometimes for a more relaxed atmosphere Ascot's Pub suits. The property overlooks a public golf course which although I am decent is still very challenging. Summer sunsets while dining outside are to die for, while staying in the winter makes the get-away seem even more remote with a blanket of fresh snow. Bring a camera no matter when you stay- you can thank me later.
While the building, location, and food are all great, the real reason for my continued returns is the staff. They offer all the amenities you could find in any 4 or 5 star hotel, but they do so in a manner that makes you feel like you're the only guest on the property. From the front desk to the spa to the food and beverage staff, all are there to make you feel special. They are very good at what they do.
If you can think of something they do not offer- ask. The level of accommodations they strive for is thoroughly impressive. The front desk manager Tim has helped me on several (what I thought to be) sticky situations regarding my busy and ever changing work schedule. He barely even flinched and has upgraded my room on a few occasions at no charge! Executive Chef Daniel Chong-Jimenez always has something new up his sleeve! He has the knowledge, skill, and experience to pack tons of flavor into fewer and fewer calories. It is an ongoing obsession of his and he will gladly share recipes with guests! As for the spa- I do not have words that will do it justice. All I can say is Hot stone massage. I prefer mine to precede about 30 minutes in the sauna and a nice healthy smoothie from the juice bar.
Bottom line: Try it for the first time, or try it again. Either way you will find yourself smiling often. The worst part about The Spa at Norwich Inn is when your stay is over and you have to leave. I've already booked my next stay, though! ;)
~

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

I was there for a girlfriend getaway. We can't wait to come back for the next "break" in our lives. We were very pleased from start to finish. We noticed how friendly they were and how comfortable everyone made us feel.

I would also come to visit with my husband. It is very charming.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I had a gift certificate for $250 for a spa treatment here. I decided to go with a beauty day and have hair, make up, etc. since I'd just had a baby. Well, the $250 JUST barely covered hair. I had highlights and a cut. The highlights were terrible. I actually ended up having them fixed at my normal salon, as the stylist dabbed toner on my hair and let me leave with it there, resulting in a big orange dot that my regular stylist had to fix later on. The cut was good, but not as good as it should have been for the price. The stylist was very unprofessional also, talking about the horrible schools in the town and other not so great conversation for a spa...not worth it!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!