“COZY!!!! Perfect place for a couples getaway” 5 of 5 stars

The Spa at Norwich Inn
3.5 of 5 Spa   |   607 West Thames Street, Norwich, CT 06360   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Norwich
NY
“COZY!!!! Perfect place for a couples getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Inn last December 29 through January 1, 2013. It was the perfect place for a babymoon. If there is one word I could use to describe the Inn, it would be COZY! We didn't leave the Inn all weekend and walked around in robes most of the time.

We had such a great experience. I don't know if there is anything I would ask for differently. The comfort, food and spa services were amazing. It was great to see the whole place decked out in holiday decorations. The Inn had a New Years celebration with champagne in the lobby (I didn't go- we were falling asleep in the room at 10). I definitely recommend this!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

we booked last minute on Expedia; a villa for 2 with king bed, kitchen, bath, etc. These "villas" are rental or time share properties detached from the Inn but within walking distance. They are dated, our first room was musty, door jams rusty and carpets stained. While we were inspecting the room a realtor entered who was getting ready to show the place. This was not acceptable so the front dest gave us another villa closer to the main building and in better shape. This villa had a view of the golf course and was in better shape but still had stains on the carpet, a bathroom door that was so stuck it was hard to get in and out of. the furniture looks like it was from the late 80's or 90's and could use some sprucing up. The bed was big, high and comfortable for an overnight and we did get a good night's sleep in this quiet location. for a nominal fee you have daily use of spa, pool, fitness room which was worth it!!!!! i didn't have any treatments; there was a huge wedding that night and we did book our room last minute but the services are very expensive $65 for a manicure without tip. but everyone looks happy to be there and the grounds are lovely. the wedding looked beautiful and the festivities did not interfere with our stay. The Staff is EXCELLENT and can not make you more comfortable. they are on top of everything. there is a list of activities that you can option and afternoon tea and scones, wine tasting, nutrition classes are free but you have to pay for exercise classes

Room Tip: If you book a villa, try to get one closer to the main building. We were in the 400's. Ask to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Groton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The spa at Norwich Inn has the most relaxing atmosphere and friendliest helpful staff. I've never been disappointed with the spa, the staff or the restaurant. I live in the area and visit the spa as often as possible. My husband purchases gift cards to give me at the holidays and it is my favorite present!!

Prices for the spa and treatments are in line with the service you receive.

There have been recent renovations to the indoor pool area and they've added more outdoor sitting areas with chaise lounges and umbrellaed tables and chairs. You can enjoy the sun even on a cooler day.

Because I live nearby, I've never needed to stay overnight so I have no knowledge of the accomodations, and although the place is "old" I can't imagine that they'd not keep it up to date.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love this inn and have stayed in the main inn and the villas. The villas are private and spacious but you do have to walk or drive to the main inn for meals, spa, cocktail...... so depending on the weather and your preferences, this is nice option. Travel Sunday Thursday and ASK for any discounts or specials / upgrades. Convenient to casinos but so opposite so nice to go back somewhere quiet after noisy, smoky casino.

Food amazing and wonderful martinis!

• Stayed December 2012
Wakefield, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Inn. Keep in mind that this has been an Inn since 1929. It is both historic and lovely. We had a mini suite with very nice furniture. There was a living room area with a TV and a bedroom with a king sized bed and another TV. The bathroom was large and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. The meals were delicious. My compliments to Chef Justin. The spa area was well equipped, clean and offers a full range of services. Thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing. In addition there is a large exercise room, yoga and Zumba classes and both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. I look forward to my next visit to the Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

The Norwich Inn and Spa was a wonderful getaway... went with two friends for a spa day and stayed over. Room was comfortable, large (ask for a country suite) and grounds were lovely to walk in the early morning. Very convenient to Mohegan Sun casino, we went several times to enjoy their restaurants and Wednesday Wine night. we got a discount wtih a Travel Zoo special deal and if I see that deal again I am grabbing it!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Do not stay in the villas. My friend and I drove over three hours and ended up leaving. The first villa was under construction on the outside and the inside had very strong unpleasant fumes from the varnish and paint. The next villa that they showed us smelled like rotten food or a dead animal. They should not have offered either of these accommodations. The gentleman at the reception desk refunded our deposit and said that he was sorry that he couldn't offer us a room in the main inn perhaps those accommodations are nicer. I had stayed here several times before but several years ago. It is too bad that they haven't kept the place up. For $350 a night you should have a nice room.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!