“Spa- Juice Bar” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
Clinton
“Spa- Juice Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I did not stay within the Hotel itself, but i did come for a day at the Spa with my Friend for her Birthday. To say the least, the services were average but the Juice Bar was AMAZING! Angelica was the one working behind the juice bar when we went. I wanted a chicken ceasar salad minus the ceasar dressing. She easily accomidated to that and was quick to offer me a different dressing. I can honestly say i have never had a salad like that before.The frozen yogurt with granola was also very good. As for my services i had a swedish with Kerry, who was very average, i started face-up as well which was new for me. I also had a Reiki session with whom did not introduce herself or was wearing a name tag. I will not be doing Reiki ever again at a Spa, i think that should be left to professionals. At the last minute i asked if they had an opening for a Viatmin Wrap, which they did. I had an older woman whose name escapes me, but it was my first wrap and i would do it again in a heartbeat just as long as i had her again. All in all, the services were average, but i would go back any day for Angelica and her Chicken Salad!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Oxford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My sister and I just returned from a lovely weekend! We participated in the rejuvenation package. The spa services were incredible! The staff are very friendly throughout the resort. It is a very beautiful area. The grounds are well kept and clean. The fitness area is very nice and up to date. We participated in the swim class Sunday morning. She was fantastic!!!! Yoga teacher Monday morning not so...very particular about seat arrangements in her class. She could not find my name on the list, and made it very clear I was not to stay if the class was full. It all worked out in the end!!! I was able to stay!! Those isssues I roll off my back. She turned out to be a good teacher. The staff in the restaurant were great!! We loved the food.Remember to try the juice bar. yummy!!I I had a nice time in the gift shop. LOvely yoga clothing, lotions, etc. Kelly was so pleasant in the shop!! I enjoyed talking with her and she was so helpful. We usually visit the Cranwell Spa in the Berkshires, but I do love this place!!! See you soon.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Salem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

After going for 7 years to the mother's day brunch, we were so disappointed this year, we will be going elsewhere next year. The price has stayed the same, $39.95, but the quality and variety has gone down. The drinks started at $9.. for approximately 5-6 oz wine and then went up. The cheese bar was eliminated, the dessert choices cut in half and not a single one up to par. The service, even though over 1/3 of the tables were empty, was poor. We waited twenty minutes for drinks, except when it came time for coffee (felt like being rushed to pay our bill and leave). NOT once were our dishes cleared between trips to the buffet...so we cleared our own dishes by putting them on empty tables closeby. We used the same silverware for all courses, including desserts. We asked waiters and bus boys to take our dirty plates away and they just walked by us. We spent over $200 for three people (four drinks total for the three of us) and left very disappointed. BTW...there was an orange peel left on the doorway between where we were sitting and the dining room...poor attention to detail. We do have to compliment the chef for the main courses served...which is why we gave a 2, rather than a 1 for value..it was the service and other things mentioned above that lowered the ratings...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with a friend in October 2011 as we were traveling down from Boston. We unfotunatly were only able to stay one night but it was very beautiful. We arrived in the evening and we could see how amazing the grounds were. Everythign was well lit and there were a lot of parking spaces. Check in was simple and the lady was very friendly. The entrance and foyer of this hotel is beautiful very impressice. The room was also very nice a bit on the small side but it was all we needed. Check out was also very quick and again very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice relaxing stay some place beautiful. I am only sorry I didnt get to experience the spa....but that will be saved for my next trip down. :) No complaints.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for 2 double beds iif not you will recieve a queen. If you want the double they wil...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

What a breathtaking Georgian Inn, with manicured lawns, and the feeling of stepping back in time. Upon entry you feel as though you are transported and enveloped in something special, then you get whisked away by the beautiful spa and the people who greet you. Once we arrived we were given itineraries which we were asked to review, when an impeccably mannered and dressed petite dynamo inquiries why we weren't on a package. When making the reservations for my friends we were undecided on the length of time we would spend their, but once we were their we didn't want to leave. Adjustments were made in a jif and now we could enjoy lunch and the afternoon tea and sconces as well as the wine tasting.

And everything about our day was absolutely lovely, it has been years since my life has allowed me to get away on a fun filled woman's day with my closest friends, and I am now wondering why it took me so long to return, and now with the birthday incentive I am definitely going to make it an annual event if not bi-annually, and the day spa package values cannot be beat. I am so glad the manager made that change at the cost of losing money, but it seemed her best interests for us was not the facility making money but us having the best value. That doesn't not happen in this economy and it was refreshing. Without a doubt I will return and cannot wait until the next time I can, as I have put in my future birthday requests for a gift certificate to your facility.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Over the years we have come to the Norwich inn a few times but this was our last. The rooms are in desperate need of a make over. The walls are paper so you hear everything next door or in the hall. Blankets are from the 70s and bathroom feels like my grandparents house. The spa has 8 relaxation chairs, so if it's bad weather you have no place to relax and read a book. The treatments are great but everything else about the spa leaves you wondering why did I select this spa over the other local ones.

Only nice thing was the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

A weekend ago, I had a very short stay along with my husband. The main building is charming with lovely landscaping. The staff is friendly. The bell staff went out of their way to let us know they were there for us. We stayed in the Villas in a comfortable unit with convenient parking. The room was in need of some updating but was clean. My husband enjoyed a deep tissue massage. I also had a deep tissue massage but thought it was exceptional. During my short stay, I did not pass any other male guests. My husband did see two other men in the locker room. This did not bother either of us but my point is it appears to be a great get-a-way for groups of girlfriends. It appears they market this Inn as such. Men do not know what they are missing! This is a lovely place to chill and enjoy some time away from the rat race. We will return again.

Room Tip: If you do not want to drive your car back and forth or catch the shuttle, request a room in the main...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!