“Perfect girls getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
New City
“Perfect girls getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My girlfriends and I recently did an overnite and spent the day enjoying the spa. And enjoy we did, we cannot say enough about the quality and care given to us by the staff, from massage to facials, body treatments and more. Most noteworthy was your spa manager, she is absolutley outstanding. Most people only take time to write the negative, but I would like to share the positive. We were checking in along side another group of women, who were less than polite, actually their behavior was appalling. It appeared to be a misbooking and the manager took personal responsibilty for another employee's error, understandably when booking a bunch of people a glitch might occur, and your manager not only rectified it, she was most gracious in the face of those being less than kind. She did this with finesse, and my friends and I wanted to put her in our pocket as she was adorable. Truly she is an asset to your establishment and is a walking billboard of the wonder a facial can do for your skin.

We moved onto the juice bar and the girls there were just as delightful, as were the bloody marys, and the frozen yogurt was scrumptious. We were too lazy to dress for dinner, and your spa manager came to the rescue again with a wonderful suggestion to eat at the italian restaurant next door, and even gave us a coupon for a percentage off. My friends and I cannot wait for our next getaway as I am certain we will not be disappointed, thank you again for the wonderful time.

Room Tip: The villas are the perfect way to be a little loud without the worry of bothering those in the INN.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Villas in a one bedroom condo... very comfortable. Opulent? No. The bathroom was so-so and needed updating. Fireplaces, decks & easy parking all made the location desirable. We were there on a promotion from Travelzoo for $149/night and a $50 Spa credit, so we felt we received our money's worth; however, we heard that the units are usually rented for upwards of $300/night. This price far exceeds the quality.

Able to see the Mohegan Sun casino off in the distance glistening in the sunlight, my husband was in heaven and gambled there while I finished my spa services and the night before. EXCELLENT massage therapists took care of both of us! Burt was fabulous and exorcised a knot from my shoulder which had been plaguing me for 3 days with determination and precision. Conversely, my facial was horrible... layer upon layer of product was slathered on my face with little massage and then 5 minutes of tortuous scalp massage at the end. My hair was so greased up, it stood on end. Fab pedicure, though. We'll return in a few months for another massage for sure.

Room Tip: The Villas sprawl deep into the property. If you don't want to drive to the main building, as f...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

I was in town for a concert & I'm a member of historic hotels of America. We typically get really great rates depending on availability & I ended up getting a great one being an HHA member.

I was actually recommended by another colleuege that I work with who frequently visits this hotel.
Staff was excellent. The bell staff was efficient and always on top of asking if we needed anything. The lobby was small but it made the feel of the hotel very homey.
I work at a historic property & am very used to the historic feel.

I was traveling with a girlfriend and we enjoyed spending our downtime at the pool area. It wasnt the cleanest & was somewhat small but we didn't mind since we were basically just catching some sun.

The rooms were simple, which we don't mind. View was ok as well. We stayed on a Thursday night so it really wasn't loud but I can see this possibly being an issue if we stayed during a busier time.

Wish we could have done some treatments at the spa!

We will certainly come back to this hotel. It was a nice experience.

• Stayed June 2011
New jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Spent an anniversary weekend at the Spa at Norwich Inn. It was first class as usual. It was our 6th stay. My wife had a full day of spa treatments with lunch at the pub in between. She raved about the massage, facial & exfoliation wrap. Afternoon tea with scomes and cream was tops. Wine tasting was corny but good. Hot coffee and tea always available. Didn't stay in the Inn rooms this time. Instead, booked a studio in the adjacent condos. Great fireplace, full kitchen and private balcony. The furniture is a little dated and should be upgarded soon. Time for a flat screen tv. Livingroom was cozy and romantic. Not a sound from the neighbors and within easy walking distance of the Inn building. Also...5 minute ride to Mohegan Sun Casino. We will return in the fall for a fun weekend & spa treatments. Jonathan Edwards winery, always a hoot, is 22 minutes away. Take a lunch, sit on the deck and do the full tasting. Heavenly.

Room Tip: Inn rooms are very quaint but small. Choose villa accomodations for full kitchen & plenty of roo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Chevy Chase,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

My sisters booked the Spa for my birthday and we all came from far away. From the moment we checked in until we left, it exceeded our expectations. We were upgraded to a villa instead of a room in the main building. There is so much to do here, good classes, walking paths, lovely facilities, wonderful treatments and delightful and friendly staff. When we went to have our first treatment, everyone had a smile and was beyond helpful. I wanted some chocolate, and one of the front desk people took some of their Easter candy and shared with me! My hot rock massage was divine and my pedicure was the best I have ever had. I would definitely come back again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Above board in all categories! I've been here for special birthday gatherings with the girls .. .. vacation week reprieves . . . and always . . . have had outstanding service than matches spas I've been to at 5star resorts around the world. The staff is hospitable, friendly, and above all, accommodating. Because I live in-state . .. I've never had the luxury of "staying" for more than a day! How I hope that happens in my future!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Somerset, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Went as the closing event of a bachelorette party! What a great way to end a night at Mohegan!! It was just simply amazing!! Enjoyed a relaxing day with a massage, facial, sitting by the pool outside, lunch outside, and hanging in the hot tub! Such beautiful grounds! Can't wait to go back this summer!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!