“One of my favorite weekends of the year!” 5 of 5 stars

The Spa at Norwich Inn
3.5 of 5 Spa   |   607 West Thames Street, Norwich, CT 06360   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwich
New Jersey
“One of my favorite weekends of the year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Seven years ago, a group of us went to The Spa at Norwich Inn to celebrate my 40th birthday. We just returned from our 8th anniversary weekend! We have such a wonderful weekend together at the Spa and we never want to give it up! As soon as we come home, I book the following year! From the moment you arrive, you know it's going to be special. Every member of the staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The rooms in the main building make it so easy to move around the Spa in such a relaxed way. We absolutely love all of the treatments we plan. The therapists are fantastic. The classes, the gym, the tea and scones at 3PM, the food at Kensington's or Ascot's Pub is delicious! I have even come back with my daughter to celebrate her Sweet 16, and we make the trip again this year for her 18th. One of their signature tag lines you'll find on apparel in their boutique is: "come in pieces, leave whole". Absoultely true. I can not recommend it highly enough. You'll enjoy every moment.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main Inn offer convenience. They do have Villas a short walk away though, with more spa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
glen ellen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I were visiting the area and this past Friday night, we were looking to get a room at The Mohegan Sun, but they were sold out. We did an internet search and found The Spa at Norwich Inn. It looked like a great hotel, and very close to Mo Sun, so we gave it a try.
Our room was recently renovated, and our bed was very comfortable. The staff at checkin were pleasant, and welcoming, and the concierge was great with directions, and local attractions, etc.
We just stayed one night, and had a great breakfast before checking out. We did not have enough time to book spa treatments, but we did walk down to the Spa to take a look. It looks awesome, lots of people wandering around in robes, looked very relaxing. The next time we are in the area, we will plan a longer stay and have spa treatments. I know the area, but never heard of this hotel. It is a true gem, and a well kept secret.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My husband and I traveled here for New Year's and stayed for a few nights. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and romantic atmosphere at Remington's. I arrived very stressed and was able to quickly decompress starting with the Progressive Relaxation class. After a few days of spa treatments, relaxation and meditation classes, and chilling out in my bathrobe in the spa area, I was like a new woman. My husband had a great time, too. We especially enjoyed eating lunch in the spa cafe in our bathrobes. The staff at the entire inn are very committed to providing a relaxing atmosphere and the whole place has a very mellow, calming vibe. I would recommend this place without question and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Try the EMF treatment at the Spa
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

The Spa at Norwich Inn is my new favorite place to get away. I live only 35 minutes from this resort but I felt like I was worlds away during my two night mid-week getaway. I did not purchase a package but booked a room on their website. I reserved my massages and a facial at the same time I booked the room. Treatments book quickly so it is best to arrange for them in advance.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and made me feel very safe and comfortable as a solo woman guest. My physician advised to me to take a break from my very stressful job and home life and get away and the Spa at Norwich Inn certainly filled the doctor's orders! One of the adages for the Spa is "come in pieces, leave whole" and that is how I felt at the end of two days.

The Inn offers complimentary tea and scones from 3-4:30 each afternoon and there are wine tastings at 5. The Ascot Pub has a nice atmosphere with a lovely firelace and delicious casual fare. You can also order from the menu for the more formal dining room and your food will be brought to the pub. In the ladies locker room at the Spa, there is always a bowl filled with fresh fruit and a wonderful selection of teas.

I stayed in the standard queen room on the second floor of the Inn which is on the National Register of Historic Sites. The room was immaculate and although it was small, it was very comfortable for one person. I think it would have been cramped for two people.

I just loved every minute of my stay and plan to come back soon!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Have stayed at the Norwich spa twice and I love it. The great thing about the package is that it is truly all-inclusive. There are no add-ons for certain menu items (I ate lobster twice!) or for spa treatments (except for deep tissue). So the bill is exactly what you expect it to be - which makes the whole experience much more relaxing. The staff is incredible - there are no hassles, that's right, NONE. I hate it when I am relaxing after a treatment and I hear employees grumbling or when the front desk fumbles my next appt. That never happens here. You can really leave it all behind. Ask for Victor if you like hard massage that somehow does't hurt. The food is really good and the portions are huge, so if you are coming here to lose a lot of weight then talk with the chef ahead of time for special dishes.

Minor caveats: CT tax is high, make sure you factor that in; 20% tips are included in the packages which would bother me more if the service wasn't so great anyway; and finally, the fitness classes are ok but not great. The fitness room is pretty good.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room - mine needed a little freshening up.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

very nice and relaxing place. grounds kept real good . had a wedding , would prefer another place but this was all that was available.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Hanover, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

A good friend had recommended the Spa at Norwich. I booked it in advance to take advantage of the great value packages that are offered during the week. It is much quieter and a great value. I had a facial, manicure and pedicure. LOVED IT. I cannot say enough about the staff. They were great, really attentive and pleasant. I went for lunch at the restaurant in my robe and slippers. Now that was fun. How cool is it to be able to go to a restaurant in a robe and slippers.. I cant wait to go back again and this time I am definitely going to stay at the Inn. I hear there are great room rates if you can go during the week. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Spa at Norwich Inn? Share your experiences!