“Convenient and curtious place” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   789 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06854   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Norwalk
Weymouth, MA
“Convenient and curtious place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I visited this hotel during a holiday weekend with relatives. We love to come here. It is seconds to th I95 and close by to where we needed to be. The exercise room was modern and well taken care of. The restaurant was clean and staff took good care of us. At check in the desk worker was very polite and professional. We took advantage of their complimentary toiletry items and they were speedy with delivering them to the room. The bed, king sized, was incredibly comfortable! It is like you're on a cloud! This hotel is reasonably priced and offers a AAA discount. Its a great place to stay when visited or having a need to stay somewhere for business travel needs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, July 7, 2010
We appreciate your feebback on the Doubletree and look forward to seeing you again on a future trip to the area. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

A very comfortable, competent and quality property located near the border of Darien and Norwalk with easy access to the train stations in Darien, Rowayton and Norwalk along with I-95 and CT-15 (Merritt Parkway). The room was clean and comfortable with a good working area, reasonably fast complimentary wireless internet and quality beds. The water pressure and temperature were very good and the room has great closet space and decent drawer space as well. The guest sitting chair could have been a higher quality choice and the connecting door was a touch on the letting too much noise through. The heating system in the room was very responsive and up to the job. The buffet breakfast included an chef's egg station and a had a broad selection of choices. I would stay there again if in the area on business.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts
eyesandslouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Our stay was really nice. The hotel staff was accomodating and pleasant. The hotel and hotel room was very clean and nicely kept.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon.
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

Well I was very disturbed to stay at this hotel because i woke up with bites all over me! I went down to the front desk and informed the rep of this problem, she wasn't much help at all. While speaking with the rep to this rep another woman came down and spoke with the other rep, come to find out she to had the bites all over her body!!! I over an employee say the hotel's third and fourth floors were invested with bed bugs, i also saw a guy from a pest control company speaking with another employee! We were all told that the problem would be fixed, but it won't fix the bites on our bodies!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, March 26, 2010
The Doubletree has a monthly pest control program in place as a preventative measure against such situations. Further, based on this comment, the hotel had an independent pest control company inspect the hotel as of this date. In addition, the Health Department has conducted a special inspection. In both inspections bed bugs were not found. We understand concerns on this issue and welcome any questions. Please contact General Manager Gerardo Guerrero directly should you wish to discuss further.
Tunbridge Wells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We just spent 4 days at the Doubletree in Norwalk, the staff could not have been more helpful. The receptionists were happy to answer any queries, and went out of their way to be helpful, and always cheerful. The free local shuttle service is an excellent idea. Beds very comfortable, good sized rooms, in all a great stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear of your positive experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Doubletree Norwalk.
stamford, ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

I was trying to plan a nice weekend for me and my girlfriend for Valentines Day. I didn't have a lot of money to work with but everything came together until Valentines day. I walked into the hotel on Friday and explained that I need a room for Saturday and Sunday was not sleeping here friday. The girl at the front desk checked me in and gave me a key. I don't stay at hotels much so this seems pretty normal. I DID NOT stay friday, did not even enter the room. I stayed Saturday, left and came back to find myself locked out. Embarrased at this point I go to the Front Desk and plead my case. I simply told you checked in friday and payed for two nights. I explained what I told the first person I talked to when I checked in. Again no help. I call a friend who is in the hotel business to help. He tells me to have the front desk check with housekeeping weather the room is clean or not. When I go back I am shooed away again, Unbeilevable, this is hospitality? A manager named Jasmine is now involved and simply tells me sorry I understand, but you signed the reg card there is nothing I can do. She would not hear me out. She would not check with housekeeping, she did not check to see if I used my key. Are times that hard that the Hotel had to steal my money? Had I not been a young black male but a business man in a suit would she have been much more willing to go out of here way to help me? They have my money but I will be sure to put it anywhere again how helpful Jasmine was. Thanks for ruining my Valentines Day, I didn't have enough money to get another room. Beautiful hotel but not very helpful people. Everyone at the front desk had no intention onhelping me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
DTNorwalk, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We regret the unfortunate misunderstanding with your check-in experience.
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Hotel was very clean. Upon check in we never received our cookies. Staff always said they were in the oven baking and to return with the kids a little later. After returning a couple times that day and the morning the next and getting the same line that they are in the oven we gave up. We also didn't get our coupons with check in for the free buffet breakfast and we had to request them when we went to eat at the Buffet.
Our rooms were clean. I reserved two of them. First night was great sleeping. Beds were very comfortable. Second night was hell. Room next to us #507 started having a huge party at 2:30am and woke up all up. They were yelling and laughing and the men were swearing. I called the front desk and they said they would send up security. About a half hour I heard the loud party breaking up and they were slamming the door and talking loudly in the hall. All got quiet until 4:30am when we were woken again by the same room #507 blasting the TV playing some sort of video game. Again I called the desk to complain and they said they would phone the room making the noise. True to their word I heard the phone ring and then all went quiet again. In the morning we saw bottle caps all down the hallway and we had a beer bottle in the back of our pickup. Same brand the party was drinking next door.
The swimming pool was really nice. Warm. Like 90 degrees. No hot tub.
We had a good and bad time staying here so I don't think we will choose this hotel again due to paper thin walls.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
JanuaryatDoubletree, Customer Advocate at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk, responded to this review, February 4, 2010
We regret that your experience was less than satisfactory. It is our sincere hope that all guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay at the Doubletree. We appreciate hearing where we have the opportunity for improvement.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk? Share your experiences!