“Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Norwalk
USA
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

They'll check you into occupied rooms, They'll call your room at 7am with a wakeup call when you don't have one scheduled. They will start construction at 6am! This is a dump.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the dirty, loud, pathetic hotel
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sugarlad TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

this hotel surely doesnt deserve any stars whatsoever!
very dirty and old rooms, even construction workers stay there
staff is rude and unfriendly, service is substandard
breakfast buffet leaves everything to be desired
location is not bad but if youre into noisy freeways this might be a steal for you
i will try my best to avoid staying there in the future

• Liked — short commute to work
  • Disliked — almost everything
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

just stayed over this past weekend. technical staff noisy and inconsiderate of guests trying to rest. Yelling back and forth to each other in the hallways prior to 9am while servicing whatever is behind the wooden panels. When asked to please be more quiet we were told they " wouldn't be there long". General attitude of they could care less about guest comfort. This went on for our entire stay. This attitude was compounded by hotel staff working sun. a.m. behind check-in desk when complaint was mentioned. Hotel is noisy and it is not the housekeeping staff that is inconsiderate but the techinical maintenance workers!

Stayed October 2008
conneticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

this is a very clean,comfitsble hotel. but upon arrival they did not have the room we reserved . They wanted to place us in another room. This is not the first time this has happened to my wife and I lately in other hotels. My big question is WHAT THEN IS A RESERVATION?, if they don't hold the room you resered.Finally after talking to three people at the desk they found the room we resered. The other bad thing happened at 4:00 in the morning being awoke by drunk people in the hallway,one girl crying and swearing and another screaming.

• Liked — comfort, clean
  • Disliked — did not have room we reserved, very loud and rowdy guest woke us in hallway 4:00 am
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Richmond, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

My last review of this property was July 11, 2007. Since then, the hotel has not changed. Once again, the beds were dreamy and the service perfect. In my many travels, I thought this hotel had ice cream bars in the past. The front desk guy said he did not think so but instead just ordered a bowl of ice cream and had it sent to my room gratis! What a nice touch. After traveling to Seattle early in the week and a cross country redeye, I needed these comforts. My 7th floor (exectutive) room was spacious and clean. The morning breakfast was not available so they comped breakfast in the main dining room which was nice. I even made it to the pool this time. It was warm and clean. The free wireless was fast and easy to get onto. Overall, this property has maintained as a great place to rest your travel tired body.

• Liked — cleanliness, beds, service
  • Disliked — no spa, some road noise from I-95
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2008

My bridesmaids brought me here for my Bachelorette Party. They had dinner and dancing planned for South Norwalk so booked a suite and a couple rooms at the DoubleTree. The rooms were very nice, lovely updated decor and extremely clean. I would highly recommend.

• Liked — Decor
  • Disliked — Bad smelling trees in courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

I'll start off by saying we had a very bad experience at a DoubeTree in southern NJ back in June of 2007. So after I wrote a letter listing out my issues and receiving a call from a very nice gentleman in "corporate", I received 1 free complimentary night stay at any the family hotel. Sadly all of the New York City locations were booked, so we decided on Norwalk, CT.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

It's literally right off of I-95 (north) which was so convenient! Check-in was very easy and the girl at the front desk, Tonya I believe was her name, was very gracious and advised us that we could use the hotel van to take us into town so we wouldn't have to drive. She offered us a taxi service number as the vans would be booked for a return pick-up since they were 3 different wedding parties staying there. That was no big deal, just taking us was nice.

We came to meet our van later on that evening and it seemed that they were having troubles locating one to take us into town, but they quickly resolved the issue by having another gentleman take us in, very nice. The van dropped us off directly in front of our restaurant.

The bed = comfort! The amenities in the room & bathroom were standard and always come in handy. The black out shade to keep the sun out was great, it was pitch black in our room = nice way to sleep!

Check-out was a breeze too, especially since it was free! We asked to buy some cookies and the front desk sent us to the restaurant which wanted to send us back to the front desk (this was the ONLY issue we had, but it was still nothing, I debated even putting it in the review). They had the cookies, but unfortunately they were out of the tins. My husband took out his wallet to pay, but the front desk gave them to us for free since they didn't have a tin, how gracious.

Overall, this was a very nice experience and the hospitality of the front desk was night & day between here & the location in southern NJ.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Norwalk? Share your experiences!