“Wonderful service to match the delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 338 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Japanese
Connecticut
“Wonderful service to match the delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My boyfriend & I wen there for a birthday celebration with 2 couples from out of town. We had to move our reservation later & then were even later than we had planned, yet they still held our table for 6 and were ready & waiting when we arrived. Restaurant itself is clean & decorative. Service was great - prompt with drink orders but let us take our time deciding on dinner, water & drink refills were frequent & the food came in a timely manner. We all had sushi & everyone agreed it was delicious! My boyfriend & I love sushi & have been to a lot or places so we have a lot to compare to. At some point throughout the meal the waiter must have heard that it was my boyfriend's birthday because he discreetly asked one of our friends for his name & brought out a huge delicious dessert at the end of the meal without us even asking. All around great service & food. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
“A true sushi bar with daily specials that are amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Having been to this sushi place several times they offer consistently innovative and fresh sushi. A recent visit had Toro tartar and butterfish sushi as specials. Both were amazing. Unlike alot of sushi bars this has a great cozy ( but small) bar area and enjoyable soft lighting. The service also is always excellent. Every meal here has been perfect - the only small negative would be the tuna sashimi has not been as consistent but other than that this is five stars.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
“Perfect sushi and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

On our way to NY from our Island home in MA we made a shopping stop in Norwalk and then searched for a place to have dinner. We found Kazu!! Spectacular super fresh and beautifully presented sushi. Phenomenal service. Marvelous selection of cold sake. A go to place for an outstanding eating experience. Now when are we padding through Norwalk again?

Hollywood, Florida
“Best Sushi in Norwalk and the Surrounding Area, and Best Value By Far”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

When I am in Connecticut, which is frequently, and I want sushi, my mother and I tend to head to Kira Sushi in Greenwich [separate review], which is an excellent restaurant, but somewhat pricey. So, when up there recently, I began looking around for reviews, and saw some very positive reviews for Kazu, and suggested we try something new. I have already been back a second time, if that says something.

On our first visit we were somewhat surprised at the size of the restaurant, as it has to be one of the largest sushi restaurants that I have eaten in, but it was practically full, and that usually means that the fish will be fresh, if they are moving that much of it, that fast. We looked over at the next table, and both commented on how the beautiful presentation of several items. We asked our waiter what they were, and one of them was a fresh giant scallop, which looked amazing. He ran off, and ran right back and said there were only two left, so we sent him back immediately to reserve one of them.

I am somewhat of a sushi snob, and I don't have any use for crab-stick, California rolls, spicy anything, much less any sushi with cream cheese in it. I tend to primarily eat sashimi, and we ordered a sashimi platter for two, which came with several rolls as part of the platter, including a California roll, and another one that I was not wild about, but they were more than willing to let you substitute other rolls from the menu for an up-charge, which was fine by me. We added a Dragon Roll (eel and avocado) and a Spider Roll (soft-shell crab) instead.

I can usually evaluate the quality of a sushi restaurant just by the tuna that is served. There is tuna, there is really good tuna and then there is superb tuna. The tuna here was probably a nine out of ten, and there are not a lot of tens. It was deep ruby red, glistening and with the natural oil that fresh high-quality tuna has. The salmon, hamachi, bonito, eel and everything else on the platter were equally impressive. The rolls delivered as well, being uniformly well put together, with generous fillings and nice crisp nori. They have a very good selection of cold sake, both by the full bottle and half-bottle bamboo carafes.

One of the best things about Kazu is the final price. While it is not cheap, and in general, you don't want "bargain sushi," the price in light of the quality of the fish and service was extremely reasonable. I really wish TripAdvisor offered a half point increment, as this would be a 4.5.

It was so good that we went back there when I came up the following month, and it was just as good, although they were out of the scallop, so I am awaiting my next opportunity to eat there.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
geroge4982
“Great food, rushed service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Me and my step mom went for dinner to kill time while my step brother was at hockey and with 3 courses we were done in hour. Had we known we would be rushed through we would have ordered when we wanted rather than all together. The restaurant wasnt busy whatsoever (was a Thursday night) yet we felt rushed in and out. Great food and decor though!

• Visited November 2012