“Great hotel ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Norwalk
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great hotel ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My girlfriend and I have stayed here a couple times now, and each time is a great experience. It's just what Norwalk needed. Very modern and sleek feel to the hotel. The rooms are nice, clean, and have awesome showers. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Especial Sebastian and the driver. Overall the hotel never fails to accommodate our needs and we are looking forward to coming back soon to enjoy the rooftop!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Jdm-stf,

I appreciate you posting such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you both have enjoyed your past stay with us it is our pleasure to provide you with great service time and time again. I will be sure share your feedback with Sebastian as well as our drivers. We look forward to welcoming you for many more great stays and we are happy to be of service. Feel free to enjoy the Rooftop Bar now open for the summer!

Tim Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We discovered this 'find' last year and were determined to return a year later to see how it still fared...and the answer is, Wonderfully! While the outside of the hotel is off-putting (it used to be a storage facility), the inside is pure Soho Boutique Hotel. Ultra-modern furnishings with every amenity available. Low prices include 'continental breakfast' which has hot eggs, bacon, etc.
Service is superb from front desk to chambermaid. Our room faced the babbling brook and waterfall. There is indoor and outdoor parking available--for free, as well as high speed internet--for free. Fitness room is immaculate and state of the art. And the beds...you won't want to get out!
Only suggestion...more light in the room. We can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: Be sure your room faces the trees and brook in the back.
Dear Travelweb,

Thank you for such an excellent review. Needless to say my team and I are thrilled to know that we stood the test of time and were able to deliver on all the great attributes you experienced on your initial stay with us especially our well-appointed and maintained interiors to our excellent service and comfortable beds. Cheers to many more great years ahead and many more enjoyable stays for you. We appreciate your feedback wholeheartedly. Safe travels and enjoy the summer!

Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This hotel is my favorite! Love staying here and have stayed at this hotel several times, it's my first go to and I recommend this place to my friends . Staff is exceptional and have excellent customer service skills, one person stood out, Sebastian greeted me as I came into the hotel , checked me in and was kind. This gentleman's customer service skills are excellent !! He made me feel welcomed kept eye contact and truly knows the true value of customer service. You are truly lucky to have such an exceptional worker.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear AB,

I appreciate you posting this excellent review about your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our great level of service resonated with you the most especially from Sebastian. We certainly value him and all our employees and strive for consistent guest service excellence. I am pleased to hear we did just that for you. Thank you for spreading the good word about Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and we hope to welcome you again for another great stay.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My bf and I stayed here for a night over the weekend and I must say our stay was wonderful!! Our stay consisted of the date night package which included a complimentary bottle of wine (which wasn't in the room upon arrival but as soon as I called the front desk, it was there in less than 5 minutes), 2 movie tickets and a great Studio King room. The room was very modern and trendy, we had an amazing view of the waterfall from our room which made our stay very peaceful and serene. The staff was GREAT, Adam was very courteous and informed us of all the hotel amenities. We really liked their Skytop 353 lounge which had a pool table, TV, mini-golf and an over sized chess board (my bf LOVES chess), however it rained the night before we got there and the seats were wet and we couldn't sit down but we will definitely be back to enjoy that part of the hotel. Overall, the hotel was great and well worth it!

Dear KimG,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review about us. I am glad to hear that our date night package was everything you needed and more. You came just at just the right time to experience the SKYTOP353 lounge and I’m happy that your boyfriend enjoyed the outdoor chess. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team for their great service especially Adam. Thank you for choosing Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk and we hope to welcome you once more in the near future.

DEstin Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I would love to give this place 5 stars but there were enough things that made us angry.
The worst is the inability to adjust the HVAC unit to a reasonable fan speed. The unit is right by the desk where one can read or work. When the unit kicks in the blowing is very uncomfortable.
The lighting in the room is ridiculous----the standing lamp on the work table is so bright (yes, eye blinding bright!!) it is almost useless. There are modern design touches with ledges coming out of the wall but there is no lighting under them, so you cannot see anything There is a bright hallway light but no ceiling light. The small bedside lamps are fine.
They only leave you one bar of soap--you are supposed to use the "shower gel" in the big bottle on the back wall which we both hated----had to go ask for extra bars of soap.
They did not bother to leave any extra plastic cups so we had to go ask for those as well.
My wife and I are convinced that this hotel was designed by a European. Form beats function everywhere.
We love modern design just wish it were functional as well. The restaurant downstairs is good.
Unfortunately breakfast is not---the usual eggs from a box and really nothing tasty to eat that I could find.
I guess we would stay here again since at least the bed was comfortable and the shower was fine once you can find some soap.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear DrPete24,

My apologies that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. We have often heard many travelers suggest more lighting especially at the work area so I’m surprised to hear that you found it too bright. In an effort to reduce the amount of waste from our Gilchrist & Soames bath amenities they stationed are in dispensers; a growing trend in the boutique hotel market. I understand that this may not necessarily be to everyone’s liking but a call to the Front Desk and we would have been more than happy to deliver more bars of soaps and individual-use shampoos, conditioners and shower gel to your room. Thank you for your feedback and safe travels.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

When first driving up to the hotel, I was kind of nervous. From the outside, you really don't know what to expect at the hotel. Don't let that concern you, this property, the rooms, and the service are impeccable. At check in, the gentleman at the front desk, Adam was outstanding. He checked me in and shared all of the amenities of the hotel. He demonstrated outstanding service and I was extremely impressed. Later during my stay, I contacted the front desk when my TV was not working right, Adam even came up to the room to fix it.

When arriving into the room, I was really surprised to find a most relaxing room. The shower at the hotel was one of the best that I've enjoyed in a long time. Beautifully decorated room, comfortable bed, amazing bathroom, and overall, an outstanding hotel to stay in whether you are on business or pleasure. And, kudos to Adam and all of the staff for working hard to make this hotel one that would inspire me to write my first review on this site.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear David Q,
Thank you for taking a moment to post such an excellent review. I am glad that we were able to not only meet but exceed your expectation on your recent trip with us. From our modern décor, comfortable rooms and great service. Kudos to Adam for truly delivering exceptional service as well, we will be sure to commend him on it as well. We encourage all team members to go above and beyond for all our guests whenever possible. Thank you once more and should your travels bring you to Norwalk we look forward to having you stay with us.

Neptune, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My partner and I stayed there for a wedding over the weekend-what a pleasantly surprise. We live all the way in South Jersey and didn't know what to expect from a hotel in Norwalk. This is a new hotel with the feel of a hip trendy hotel in the city a stark comparison to area its in.The staff were really great - and genuinely made us feel welcomed. I wanted Coke but they only carried Pepsi in their store and they offered to run out and pick me up the Coke- that is service!!
Decor was cool, modern and clean as were the rooms. Really enjoyed the comfortable beds. We also went up to the rooftop deck which was nice especially since the weather wasn't too chilly. Breakfast was good my only suggestion is a waffle station. I think I can say we enjoyed the hotel as much as the wedding - score!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Walter C,
I appreciate you posting such a great review about us. I am pleased to know that your weekend wedding trip turned out to be a wonderful and unexpected staycation. I am especially glad to hear that the staff went above and beyond to ensure that your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for the breakfast suggestion and we do hope to see you sometime in the near future. Safe travels!

Tim Simpson

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!