“Great stop-over hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Norwalk
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great stop-over hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Norwalk isn't a place I'd want to spend a lot of time, but on a recent drive down to NYC it was a perfect place to spend a night! The in-house restaurant is clearly a Norwalk hot spot - super friendly staff, good food, a bit pricey and not the biggest portions for the prices, but still made for a really great night. The hotel is super modern/chic - I enjoyed the art, the design, and especially the cleanliness.

The only almost-problem was that I booked the hotel for 2 adults through hotwire, but when I tried to request a room with 2 beds they tried to charge me an extra $20 because they said the booking was for 1 queen bed (this wasn't actually indicated by Hotwire, but Hotwire says it's hotel's choice and wouldn't do anything about this). But when we got there, we asked the person at the desk for a room with 2 beds and he gave it to us without batting an eye!

Free parking and internet are good too. Breakfast is not great, but it's pretty much standard free breakfast fare, so can't really complain about that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear CH81,
Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review about us. I am thrilled to know that you were pleasantly surprised by the level of service your received from our friendly staff, great modern design, cleanliness and comfort. Especially happy to know that we had the availability to accommodate you with a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Double Room. We hope to welcome you on another stop over on your drive down to NYC! Safe travels.

Tim Simpson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Spent one night here while on business in Norwalk. My first time. I liked it. It not a luxury hotel but for what it is, it is very nice.

Let's talk positives: Good and welcoming staff; a convenient shuttle service to wherever you want to go within 3 miles: large rooms; good large bathroom with OK amenities such as robes and OK towels (not great but good); good room layout; Kerig coffee maker with 4 selections of coffee; nice WIFI availability; attractive lobby; situated on a pretty NE creek; and a sufficient hot breakfast. The team from front desk to shuttle drivers, and housekeeping staff are good.

Now for a few things the management should look at and improve upon: the fitness center is too cramped (sufficient machines but it is too tight-- good light and view though); the bathroom mirrors are weirdly off-center from the sink. I have never seen this before -- if you are at the sink you are not having the mirror directly in front of you -- bizarre; and lastly my entertainment system didn't work.

Net net: if you are in Norwalk it is worth a try. I will go back.

Room Tip: get floor 3 or 4
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear CGCX,

Thank you for your review. My apologies for the in-room entertainment system not working. I believe you mentioned it at check out and our engineer went soon after to rectify the issue. Regarding the gym; with the available floor space we tried to put sufficient equipment for any guest to enjoy a full workout but when there are 2 or more people it can feel close. First I’m hearing of the off center mirror I will be up to inspect them myself and see if we can arrive at a solution for that. Again many thanks for the review and I am pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay and would return to us. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you once more.

Colebrook, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed in early March to attend a family event. We chose the hotel because of price and convenience of location. We loved the surroundings. Clean, contemporary and comfortable. I always look for more hooks and racks than hotels ever have, so the surprise for me is when there are enough (hook on the back of the bathroom door please).

Big plus: adjustable reading spotlights so you can actually see your reading material and not bother the person next to you. This is in addition to a regular bedside lamp. NICE.

Our king size bed was comfortable. Loved the kuerig - used it to make tea with the teabags I always carry as well as coffee. The breakfast was fine.

Parking was plentiful when we were there. We were just 2 spots away from the elevator. Like the security of using your key card to get to your floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 45th Parallel,

Thank you for taking a moment to post such a great review about your recent stay. We are pleased to have provided you with such an enjoyable stay. It seems we were the perfect balance of convenience, function and comfort. I am glad you were able to make use of all we had to offer and hopefully you will visit us again in the near future. Safe travels.

Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

It is plain outside but lovely inside with beautiful lobby, great art books and good service. Our room on the top, 3rd fl., floor to ceiling window, had a wonderful view of the waterfall and stream. It was clean, comfortable and modern. There was plenty of storage and we enjoyed the tv in the bed footboard. The 24 hr. starbucks is great and so was the breakfast. The restaurant was terrific too. We'll be going back fur sure.

Room Tip: studio king for size and views is worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Peggyvb,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this excellent review about us. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay in our Studio King suite and I couldn’t agree with you more the views of the waterfall are amazing. It is our pleasure to provide both an exceptional and memorable stay for all our guests and it seems we did just that for you. Be sure to join us in the summer when our Skytop353 roof lounge opens!

NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a modern, clean hotel. Everyone was very gracious and helpful. We arrived after driving in a snow storm for 6 hours. The restaurant in the hotel was very good and very busy!! We enjoyed a bottle of wine that was 1/2 price and a delicious meal. The beds were comfy, the bathroom clean and free wifi!!! Couldn't ask for anything more!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear jojoNH,

Thank you posting such a great review about us. I am glad that we were a welcomed refuge for you after that long drive through the snow; from our friendly staff, comfortable rooms and delicious food at Mediterraneo Restaurant. We are happy to have been all you needed and more. Hopefully we are able to welcome you again in the summer for another great experience, this time without the snow and the 6 hrs car drive! Safe travels and keep well.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Zero Degrees for a weekend in February 2014. The accommodations are amazing - clean and well appointed rooms. The special touches like reading lamps and iPhone Dock were great. The atmosphere is much more elegant than the price would suggest. The breakfast buffet is a full hot breakfast - bacon and eggs. The gym had everything I needed (water, towels, treadmill). But the best was the staff - every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, exceeding expectations. I had a special health-related request, and the staff was more than happy to accommodate my needs. The value at this hotel is amazing - I've paid much more for far less.

Stayed February 2014
Dear KatieO,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about us. We aim to provide the best value and service to all our guest in an effort to not only meet but exceed their expectations. I am pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that the staff went above and beyond to accommodate your health request. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you once more!

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I spent Valentines night at this hotel and it was absolutely amazing. The room was fresh and clean and I loved the modern look of the room, it was very stylish and trendy. The bathroom was clean and smelled fresh as well, I felt very comfortable there.
Room came with a fridge and all the necessities you need, not to mention the fabulous scent of their body wash and lotion!
But the best part of the night was the view. We stayed at the last room on the second floor, which was facing the waterfall. It was absolutely amazing. You can hear the waterfall at night and it makes you feel like you are somewhere tropical and waking up to that view all surrounded with snow was great.
Would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Timothy_Simpson, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Mariola88,

Thank you for taking a moment to post this great review. I am happy to hear that your stay with us made your Valentine’s day that more special! We hope to achieve comfort for all our guest whether it be in the guest room, in the public spaces or interacting with one of our team members so I am glad you experienced just that. Our Studio King room with floor to ceiling windows does offer a great view of the waterfall! We hope to see you again for another great stay hopefully in the Spring or Summer so that you can enjoy the Skytop353 lounge.

Tim Simpson

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk? Share your experiences!