“Great place for Sharing” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
York, Pennsylvania
“Great place for Sharing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Food was great and with great weather we were able to eat outside. Our waiter was attentive, high energy and very friendly. The food was imaginative and the 8 or 10 plates we tried were all very good.

Visited June 2014

CT
“Love sitting at the high tops in the bar area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

First visit- Mother's Day 2014. Food was great. Service started out ok, but then all collapsed from the amount of people in the restaurant, but we wanted to go back as the food was so good and give it another chance. Went back with my son last night. Sat at a high top table to watch the World Cup. Atmosphere was great. Our server was awesome and there when we needed but not over smothery. We had salted cod, pork belly with honey and Brussels sprouts with feta and honey. All were really good and really filling we still had our entrees to tackle. Son got the rib eye special and I. the roasted chicken with polenta. Both dishes were incredibly tasty, cooked to perfection and visually stellar. I could not eat my entire portion and it sits waiting for me in my fridge for lunch and I cannot wait! Looking forward to returning.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Fun, Quirky and Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have a been to The Spread a couple of times, the food is almost always very delicious and the service has always been great. The restaurant itself has a very open design and it is really nice to sit indoors when they have the garage doors open to enjoy the weather.

The food at The Spread is really great. This visit, we split the endive salad, which was sliced finely with granny smith apples, almonds and feta, the Salted Cod Fritters, which were piping hot and crispy on the outside but light and airy on the inside, the burger which was good and cooked properly and the "Brutella" which is their take on a Nutella creme brulee which is absolutely fantastic.

One the best qualities of The Spread is fun atmosphere it sets for the guests, with the large couches at bar, the completely mismatched plates / flatware / glassware that are place at the table and great decor.

As other reviews have noted, it is a tad expensive but well worth the money spent.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Haven, Connecticut
“Imaginative menu, average value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited with a group, service was good, some of the dishes (bolognese ) were so so. The prices are high for the portion served. I don't think I'll go back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A lil expensive for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I didn't understand why the only way you could get happy hour was to physically sit at the bar and then even with happy hour prices the portions still weren't impressive. I know Tapas is small plates, but traditionally is more than a bite. It was OK once, but I believe the area has other places that would have been more worthy of the short amount of time I had there.

• Visited May 2014