“Hot pizza served with a cold shoulder” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 341 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Organic
Dining options: Delivery
Description: The Romanacci Cafe offers all types of "Italian Eats & Treats" for our patrons. Stop by for exquisite coffees, panini sandwiches, pizza, and a whole lot more.
Westport, Connecticut
“Hot pizza served with a cold shoulder”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I am with the previous reviewer: had to see if the pizza was as good as all the online raves. The answer is a big resounding Yes! Artisan pizza as close to Italy as you can find in the area. But the service is, well, more like France: disinterested, utilitarian, forgetful and only marginally grateful to have customers. Employees from Osteria take breaks behind the counter with employees from Romanicci making the atmosphere like you're an unwanted party crasher. We have been back -- the pizza is delish -- but we brace ourselves that we are about to feel like outsiders in what could be a great little place. And the chocolate that they say they make fresh everyday? Sure don't taste it.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“5 star food 3 star service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I've been hearing people talk about Romanacci's for some time and everything has been so positive that I decided to take my daughter there for lunch.

The large pizza is huge. It is cut into 8 very big square slices but could be 16 easily. The pizza was very good. It had great flavor and the crust was delicious and cooked perfectly. My daughter and I both remarked that it was such a nice change from the typical pizza's you get around town. I also think that the value for what you get is great. We ordered a large knowing we would take most home so they served us each a slice on a nice wooden board and brought the remainder to us when we were ready to go. We also had the caesar salad and that was good, the little piece of bread they serve with it is sooo delicious that I could have eaten a plate full with a little bit of marinara sauce.

The problem I had was with the service. When we arrived I didn't know if we should seat ourselves or wait. We sat ourselves and when the server came to the table he asked us if this is where we wanted to sit. It was a strange question since we had picked it to sit. I ordered two small bottles of coke and he brought one and when I asked for the second it felt like a bother. Once he brought our food we didn't see him again, actually now that I think about it he didn't bring our pizza another person did. Even when we were done we sat there for some time waiting for him to come back. Thankful the world cup soccer was playing so we watched that. I had thought about ordering a cannoli but when he did arrive he had the check in hand. He never asked if there was anything else we wanted and they have so many desserts and coffee's that we may have ordered. He returned with the pizza and that was it. No thank you for coming not even a smile, just turned and walked away. It was very unfriendly and very uninviting. This surprised me very much because I know the same people who own Osteria Romana own Romanacci's and I have always found the service at Osteria Romana to be terrific. I truly felt like an inconvenience rather then a customer. I told my daughter that I would have loved our lunch date to Romanacci's but the service just put such a blemish on it.

The food is good and for that I wish I could give a 5 star rating and for the food alone I would encourage people to go and try it. I hope that when you visit you get the 5 star service to match the food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
“Best Pizza in CT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Forget New Haven, this is the true way pizza should taste. The second you walk in here you're in good hands, with a friendly Italian staff to greet you.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fair food armature service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Not certain why this restaurant has garnered such favorable reviews. It is undeserving of the high praise. Food is fair, service spotty at best.

Visited March 2014
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Impeccable service and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This is not my first experience at Romanacci's and I must say it has never let me down. Being from Italy it's very hard for me to find an authentic Italian restaurant in the States but Graziano and his staff have made a believer out of me. I went last night with my girlfriend and we were warmly greeted by the staff. Food came out in a timely fashion and my taste buds were delighted. Great job on such a great restaurant and I plan on eating them time and time again.

• Visited February 2014