“Best Greek Food in Connecticut” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 315 restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best Greek Food in Connecticut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

You have to try this place! When we want great greek food we would go to Astoria but now we come here. We always go with friends (4-6 adults) and order a table full of food for everyone to pick. We always order at least 1 Xoriatiki, 1 Marouli, 1 Xtipiti, a sampling of the dips, 2 pita bread, 2 Patates, 1 Xtapodi, Pikilia for half the number of people we have and 2 bottles of Retsina. Make sure you notice that the Xtapodi (grilled octopus) is market price which we usually pay between $20-$25 for the dish but in our opinion it is worth it! We have ordered all of the side dishes on the menu and love all if them. we have never had a dinner plate or even a gyro or souvlaki sandwich. We prefer the little bit of a good variety of food, it is what greek eating is about! I gave 4s for service and atmosphere because it can get loud and crowded which can slow the waitstaff down.

91% Recommend
Norwalk, Connecticut
“A delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really enjoyed the food here for lunch. The Souvlaki was delicious and the service was fantastic. The atmosphere was a little stark and loud. I would go back again for sure.

• Visited April 2013
CT
“Delicious Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I love the souvlaki , xtipiki, kalamari, beet salad, etc. The restaurant is very clean, but lacks atmosphere...just a big room with tables and a bar....but you go for the food, not the decor. In the day, it doubles as a Greek dance studio. Its next to the movie theater, so you can make it a date night.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stamford, CT
“Very Friendly, But...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Couldn't decide between 3 or 4 stars. Food was good, except for my gyro meat which was decidedly overcooked and dried out. I have a feeling it was left over from the previous night. My companion's meal was better, but her chicken was somewhat overcooked. The appetizers, on the other hand, were very good. Service was excellent and very friendly. We had a 50%-off coupon, so it was a relative bargain. Otherwise, it was an "average" value. Free parking is VERY limited; otherwise it's pay-by-phone (which I didn't have). I'd return, but I'd be more careful about what I ordered. I'd also specifically ask whether everything was left over or freshly made.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
ny
“U Gotta try this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great dinner! Ordered the Pikilia, an assorted platter of souvlaki, gyros, lamb chops and seasoned beef with tzatziki. There were 3 of us but we ordered the platter for 2. Plenty of food. Very flavorful. Also had some very good sides. Make sure you order them to come with the platter. Ours came before, so we had them as an appetizer, all good.

I gotta admit I was a little apprehensive because I don't have much experience with Greek cuisine but the food did not disappoint. The service was very attentive and friendly. The room is a little noisy but that just added to the casual atmosphere. I forgot, the price was more than affordable.

Definitely going back to explore Greek food further.