“Dirty Room/nothing done about it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford

Ext. Stay America Expedia.com
Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Main Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Norwalk - Stamford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 14 hotels in Norwalk
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Dirty Room/nothing done about it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We are relocating to the area and we're looking for a place to stay for a month. This was one night for me to check it out....

the bed and blanket were covered in hair...not just a few which I could deal with. COVERED. there was hair on the bathroom sink...hair and FILTH on the toilet seat. The person at the desk (whom I will not mention by name) was nice about it when I checked out and assured me that she would speak to her manager who was arriving shortly and would be in touch asap. Nobody has every contacted me. Clearly we won't be staying there.....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The condition of the room you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this does not happen again, I am making sure every room is being inspected more thoroughly. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at nor@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Branford, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Convenient location, friendly staff, quiet, and most important, clean and well-maintained property and rooms. I especially appreciated the kitchen set-up, with cups, mugs, flatware, and, my personal favorite, filtered water. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such an uplifting review. I'm thrilled that you liked our services and shared it with the rest of the world. We are doing everything in our power to make every guest happy and it is very encouraging to see that our efforts are being acknowledged. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Rocky River, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place was pretty decent I liked and disliked the fact that it was on top of a hill. The perk about that is you hear no road noise at all. Downside when the snow storm hit I was afraid I wouldn't get up the hill. I was here for 3 weeks working at the Yale new haven hospital. I liked that it was very quiet and the room was pretty decent. The staff all seemed very nice. The one downside I didn't like about the hotel was the size of the fitness room it was tiny.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side of the hotel away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that your three week stay with us was a pleasant one. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great shower pressure and quiet rooms made my stay great ! Friendly staff and a free snack breakfast is great too. Grocery store nearby. I stayed during this last snowstorm and the worst that happened is the television went out for a few hours but that enabled me to nap while the snow piled up outside. Which serves mentioning the plow service was here about every 2-3 hours plowing the driveway and trying to keep up on what was the worst snowstorm in many years. The manager actually shoveled snow away from my tires for me after all the snow stopped and this was an A+ in my book. I stay here often and while there are minor room improvements needed here and there I would stay here over any other hotel in the area hands down. I am a smoker and so appreciate the conveinence of a smoking room but also being able to open the window for fresh air these are two thing very rare in hotels these days ! Who wants to feel locked in without being able to get fresh air ? Speaking of the security here is good as well you must have a keycard to enter any door but the front which is a pain but a plus.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that we were able to offer you a great service during the snow storm and made your stay a pleasant one. Also thank you for letting us know about the little things we can do to better our property. We will make every effort to perfect this. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Very accommodating !Very nice staff and rooms are well kept . Location is convenient for shopping and access to major roadways. Parking is in abundance whether you have big or small vehicle. I would recommend staying here to my mom and you know you don't want to disappoint mom .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you found our accommodations convenient. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Stamford, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice place to choose for staying. All malls are in range of this place. Commute is best.
can opt for cab or train station is near by. Here if you want to cook on your own all facilities are provided in rooms. Service is good location is idle.

Room Tip: Rooms on road side has good view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This place is perfect for extended stay in Norwalk. The place is within walking distance to a mall where you can get everything you want. The suite comes with a microwave, fridge and cooking facility and utensils. So you can get whatever you want from the mall and cook it. In addition to this, various eating joints which are close by who leave their handouts at your door everyday. So if not interested in cooking then you can order from these joints. They provide free delivery.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The room housekeeping is available on a weekly basis. Reception staff is helpful and courteous. The pricing is very reasonable. The suites have washers and dryers. So in less than $10 you can get your laundry done. Iron is available in the room for ironing your clothers

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you find our accommodations adequate, convenient and best suited to your needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Norwalk - Stamford? Share your experiences!