“Traditional Italian food that is tasty and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Italia Restaurant

Italia Restaurant
285 Main Ave Anthony Pirraglia e Karen Dona, Tuscan Oven Restaurant, Norwalk, CT
203 846 2555
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #141 of 342 Restaurants in Norwalk
Cuisines: Italian
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Traditional Italian food that is tasty and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Italia Restaurant is located in a strip mall along Route 7 in Norwalk between the Parkway and I95. Parking can be a bit tight as it is a popular restaurant and the businesses in there can be busy (you can park at the car wash next door after hours).

Décor is decent, nothing fancy. Dining room is rather spacious and they can accommodate private parties for you. Food is traditional Italian. That means very tasty, good value. You won’t break the bank eating at this restaurant. Pasta dishes are consistently good. Veal Marsala is one of my favorites. Baked pasta dishes such as lasagna, etc. are dependably very good.

They do offer specials which are usually very good. Sometimes they miss my expectations but I’ve never had anything that would be below a point scale of 6 on a 1-10 scale. The warm bread served with meals is excellent. The gorgonzola salad is delicious. You can also order pizza and sandwiches anytime of the day. Pizza is available for take-out.

Wines are fairly priced. They serve cocktails. Desserts come from Angela Mia in Norwalk which is a well-known Italian bakery. The staff is friendly, means well, but when they are busy, there can be short delays. When things get a bit confusing, it is probably because they’re very busy and probably a bit short handed. The good thing is that you will not be rushed through your dinner.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

norwalk
“Delicious, great Neighborhood family  run Italian restaurant-a Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We love Italia!
a great family restaurant, that is moderately priced! Frank, is our ƒavorite waiter,
 Delicious homemade italian, family recipes, and we love that the entire family works at the restaurant, it has been in business in Norwalk for many years, and they really take care of their patrons.. they remember your preferences for drinks, or entree's and even remember you when you walk in!!
definitely kiddy friendly, and it is always packed, you do not have to call ahead for reservations, only if it is a big party 6 or more you should call a head..
definitely our favorite place to go!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Norwalk, Connecticut
“I know this is an all time favorite for many”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

I think Italia is loved by many. I like to cook and I am not one to make my sauce not sweet..and Italia seems to make it a bit sweeter then to my taste. But we have had their chicken marsala which is very good. I would go again.

Visited November 2011
city island, new york
“I thought I was in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was looking for the perfect brasciola with cavatelli--I had to travel outside of my native new york city to get it--Italia is actually two stores joined--one side is a pizzeria and the other side a wonderful restaurant--it's run by a very knowledgable extremely friendly extended family--the food is beyond fresh and incredibly tasty --no one rushes you--you're treated like you're the only customer in the world--they also have a bar for cocktails --they have their own specialty dishes and coffees --Frank, our waiter, was the quintessential italian waiter with accent and all! for appetizers we had the hot antipasto which included a melt in your mouth rollatini, two types of claims, shrimp and mozzarella --followed by a healthy salad w/their home dressing--my niece had the alfredo fettuccini --wonderful, wonderful, wonderful--for dessert we had a caramel cheesecake which Frank poured his secret liquor on---this was a wonderful dinning experience --well worth the drive--if you feel like getting out of the city (NY) and want a authentic Italian meal without having to take a plane than this place will satiate all your cravings p.s. bring a big appetite because the portions are huge--we had to take home ours

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Connecticut
“Delicious homestyle Italian cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I had dinner at Italia last night with a party of five. When we walked in, I smelled something wonderful and a number of older Italian gentlemen were milling about and invited us to the back dining room where we were seated right away. Everyone there was friendly to us, and I could immediatly tell that they take great pride in their food. For example, when we asked if the broccoli raab was steamed, the waitress exclaimed in a heavy Italian accent, of course not, it is prepared the right way, with olive oil and garlic - never steamed! My chicken marsala was prepared with an unusual tomato sauce which was DELICIOUS, and the broccoli was to die for! We also ordered scungilli salad to share among the table - it was delicous! There were no leftovers of the large sausage pizza or the extra sides we shared, despite the large portions! I came home with just one little box which I'll have for lunch. It was great!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere