“Perfect romantic stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect romantic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. The front desk was pleasant and professional. The room was beautiful and clean. Surprised by a jacuzzi in the room. We did have a Groupon but loved this hotel. Massages at the hotel was also well worth it. Will definitely go back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Saugus, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

"Great hotel?" I don't think so. There is nothing bellissimo about this hotel; and it was a "grande ripoff". First of all, if you want to get into the hotel at night, forget about using the side doors. They remain locked. According to the desk clerk this is for "security reasons". How on earth is this for security when the door can only be opened with a room key? Every other hotel I have ever been to lets you open the side door with a room key so guests can get in and others cannot. Now here. Of course I had to park on the side of the building as all parking spots in the front were full, and then walk in the dark to the front door. Great security!

Then of course, there's breakfast or the lack there of. I was told at check-in " breakfast is served starting at 7." Ok, a little late for people who are traveling on business, but what can you do? The next morning, I found out that "breakfast" is nothing but a Starbucks cart with coffee and some packaged muffins. Holiday Inn, Hampton, Marriott, Comfort, etc. all offer there guests complimentary breakfast: this place can't even give a lousy complimentary cup of coffee.

When I complained to the desk clerk, I was given a blue sheet of paper with the name and address of the Hilton Garden Inn. He said that hotel provides its guests with a complimentary breakfast, but Belissimo Grande's tests get 15% off breakfast there. WOW!! I felt so fortunate. I will just drive to another hotel to eat breakfast. Thanks but no thanks.

Then of course there were the little tiny ants in the bathroom, but I won't even get into that. Thank you Belissimo Grande for giving me the address of the Hilton Garden Inn. Now I know where I will be staying when I am in the area for business (which is quite often). If I have a desire to go to Foxwoods, I will stay right in the casino. I did not have time to utilize their "limo" shuttle as they call it, but I did not miss much I am sure. I would not return to this place if they drove me to Foxwood in a golden chariot. That resort fee I had to pay was well worth it!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Hilton Garden Inn or Foxwoods
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay at the Bellissimo Grande. I apologize that your experience failed to meet expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to be made aware of the issues that detracted from your stay as we strive to provide the best possible experience for all guests. Thank you as well for the opportunity to provide clarification to the concerns you expressed.

Both our front and back doors are accessible 24 hours using a room key, providing direct access from the majority of our parking areas. To provide greater guest security, ownership has decided to make the other exterior doors inaccessible from the outside after midnight.

Our restaurant is open with full menus from Friday lunch through Sunday breakfast. Room service is available each evening. Our Starbucks Coffee Bar brews coffee items and serves a variety of quick breakfast options 7 days a week from 7am-12pm. When our restaurant is not available, we do like to provide guests the full dining option of the Garden Grille Restaurant at the Hilton Garden Inn with a special discount for our guests.

Once again thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me directly if I can provide any future personal assistance.

Yours in Hospitality,

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager
Uncasville, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I was going to a wine dinner at Foxwoods and choose to stay at Bellissimo. It was a good choice. The hotel is very beautiful and clean. The room was a standard room. The only down side was that the bed was old and the toilet flushing was LOUD. They have a shuttle to the casino that runs every 30 minutes. The staff were pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

It was a very clean, nice hotel. We live nearby and wanted a weekend getaway. The price was reasonable. The in room spa bath was well worth it. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel itself is nearby to some great attractions and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan on returning again.

Room Tip: Get the in room spa bath, it's well with it.
Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Bellisimo Grande four times now and each time I was impressed. Get the Jacuzzi room if possible. Clean rooms, tempurpedic beds, lovely staff and easy drive to the casinos. Also has a shuttle service for free. As a repeat customer I received $20 off each room. Great price, great location, nice pool and small lovely spa. We had a very late arrival (1:30am) and the staff was pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms on first floor are spectacular
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed at the Bellissimo Grande Hotel for a long weekend, along with two other couples. From the reliable shuttle service to Foxwoods, to the warm and inviting pool, to the unexpected complimentary cheese/cracker plate, our stay proved to be enjoyable, and absolutely, hassle-free.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

The grounds and lobby are very nice. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice, but showing age. Basically clean and comfortable, but the bathroom in particular really needs a renovation. Floor tiles were cracked and replaced with different color tiles. Shower was a small stall. Otherwise not a bad place, especially for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Bellissimo Grande and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to see that your experience with our staff met and exceeded expectations, as did our carefully maintained grounds and lobby. I apologize that the bathroom failed to meet expectations. We are currently in the process of updating tiles in the rooms, certainly including the room in which you stayed. Other updates that have been recently completed include new shuttle vehicles as well as all new linens throughout the property. Should you desire a full tub shower we do offer this in all of our ground floor standard rooms. Once again, thank you for your feedback as we continue to strive for the best guest experience and actively seek to maintain the excellent standards in place since our hotel’s inception. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide any further assistance!

Yours in Hospitality,

Samuel J. Luppino
Sales Manager

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!