“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had stayed here about a year ago. Still a beautiful room and surroundings. Only complaint was no complimentary coffee in lobby. Good value for the money. Had a noisy party in room next to us. Security quieted them down around 1am. Would recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay. We greatly appreciate you as a return guest and I am pleased to hear that on your return visit everything continued to meet and exceed your expectations. I am sorry that the lack of complimentary coffee in the lobby is a disappointment, but we do provide complimentary coffee in your room each day and many guests are pleased with the variety of Coffee/Espresso options available in our Starbucks Kiosk. I am also pleased to know that our Security Team effectively handled the noise concern during your stay. We take great care to resolve any issues quickly and effectively and it is gratifying to know that our procedures were extremely effective in minimizing the concern.

Thank you once again for your review and I look forward to being of personal assistance when you book your next stay!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Farmington, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I have been guests here SEVERAL times.. WE LOVE THE STAFF.. and let me tell you about the amazing food and bartender... :) everyone is wonderful.. and WOW the rooms are huge.. we cannot complain one bit about anything.. its just sooo BEAUTIFUL.. it is my favorite favorite place to stay..
thank you to everyone at the Bellissimo Grande for making us soooo happy to be there - my husband usually only looks forward to visiting foxwoods.. BUT.. he now says.. "hey, did you call Bellissimo for a room?" LOL
see you all soon..

Room Tip: Hot tubs are amazing!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the second time and it was great. We stayed in a Venetian suite which was awesome, the room is huge, the jacuzzi was great. The front desk staff were very helpful. We missed the 5pm shuttle due to some confusion on our part and they called the shutlle driver to come back and pick us up. The shuttle driver we had on Mon 1/21 was great and she had to drive in a snowstorm, she was 2 minutes late and was so apologetic. The only negative I have to say is that we took the shuttle van on Tues 1/22 and our experience was not as positive. We wanted to take the 1115p shuttle back from Foxwoods, the shuttle was 20 min late and he never apologized and never acknowledged us. I am sure that there were reasons for it and we had never had a bad experence with the shuttles before, but if this was our first encounter , it would not have ben good. We are looking forward to returning and may try a Presidential suite next time

Room Tip: We have stayed on the 3rd floor and have never had noise issues.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our property. I am delighted you have chosen to visit our hotel on multiple occasions and thoroughly enjoyed yourself each time. Thank you for highlighting the details of your room choice - the Venetian is indeed a beautiful room. I am very pleased to hear that your experience with our front desk staff was a thoroughly positive one as they assisted you during your stay.

I am sorry for the miscommunication regarding the evening shuttle pick-up. I'm not certain the precise details of the situation on the particular night of your stay, but we both agree that any unforseen deviation from the schedule or misunderstanding regarding times should be immediately explained/apologized for. I would like to personally apologize that this did not take place, but, as you are aware, this is certainly not a typical experience and I thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience for the benefit of future guests; please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance with your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and I can say without a doubt in my mind this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It was so bad that I have never written a review up until now because I wanted to save someone else from what we went through. I believe you get what you pay for and that is why I was completly caught off guard by our horrible experience. Another reason for booking was the noise policy they have. The policy states no noise after midnight yet their last shuttle is at 2:45am. I called down to the desk at 3am after listening to a party going on down the hall for over an hour and I was completely dismissed. At one point my mother was in tears because she was so tired and it was impossible to sleep because the walls are paper thin and everyone was so loud. Save your money go any other place except for here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our property. I would like to sincerely apologize that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I deeply regret that noise caused by other guests negatively impacted your stay. We certainly do seek to minimize all noise concerns while being mindful of the late-night market in which we are located. Unfortunately, though we take a very proactive approach, there are occasional instances where guests such as yourself are impacted. In addition to our security team that actively monitors hallways, we do request that guests make us aware of any noise concerns affecting them as soon as these concerns become apparent. Unfortunately, when time elapses these concerns tend to be magnified. I apologize that, even upon notification of your concern, you felt that response by our personnel was not appropriate to the concern. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and this matter will certainly be addressed with the appropriate staff to ensure that any issue in this area is corrected.

Once again, my deepest regrets on your experience. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our property.

Lindenhurst, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here instead of paying $500 a night at Foxwoods. Rooms were great, staff was great. They provide a limo transport to the casino off free. Can't really say anything about the food, pool or other amenities, we didn't use them. Clean hotel!!!!!

The drawback, starting around 1am, the party crowd starts arriving back from Foxwoods, as normal party crowd is, they are loud and inconsiderate. We had to switch our room at 3 am from a 1st floor suite to the only other room on the 3rd floor. Still the drunks were still roaming the hallway going room to room. So we basically got no sleep.

We did address this the next morning, the general manager came out from behind the counter and say down to talk to us about the problem. He is aware of the problem and said he is looking to for ways to fix it, which I do believe him. His staff represents his professionalism. I would stay there again, just request an area that didn't have too many kids looking to party.

Room Tip: Away from people there just to party.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you appreciated the value offered by our hotel as compared to Foxwoods and area hotels. Thank you as well for your compliments on the cleanliness of our property as well as the high level of customer service offered by our Staff. These are all very important areas where we strive to maintain the utmost level of excellence.

Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. I appreciate your understanding of the market in which we operate, but I am deeply sorry that noise from other guests detracted from your experience. I can assure you that, as our General Manager shared with you, we make every effort to minimize all noise concerns. We seek to do this by continually striving to improve and appropriately enact both preventative as well as corrective measures.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of future assistance in booking a reservation for you.

Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I cannot say enough about the Bellissimo Grande Hotel. I will definitely stay here again. The room was beautiful, clean and quiet. I went with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday at the hotel/spa and for a little gambling at nearby Foxwoods. We had a couples massage @ the Spa; absolutely wonderful 50 minute massage; kind, considerate therapists. The Presidential room was beautifully decorated; the bed was comfortable, nice little fire place, and the in-room jacuzzi was excellent; sipped wine and listened to the satellite music. We ordered room service and it was great. All of the staff in hotel were accommodating and helpful. The limousine service to Foxwoods was excellent. I give it a 5 star! My boyfriend and I are still talking about it! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay at the Bellissimo Grande. I am very glad to hear that your boyfriend's birthday celebration was a memorable one at our property. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you as our guests. Thank you as well for assisting future guests by sharing the various aspects of your stay at our property that were enjoyable for you. We look forward to your next visit and I would be delighted to have the opportunity to personally assist you with a future booking!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed there with a friend of mine and I can't say enough about this place and all the accommodations. The room was beautiful, clean and very reasonably priced. We were treated to complimentary appetizers with our drinks in the cozy lounge.The staff members were gracious and not uptight despite the high class ambiance. Top to bottom the hotel was immaculate. I don't think I will ever feel the need to stay at the casino nor pay their prices. This place is a new favorite.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!