“clean neat close to casino” 4 of 5 stars

You added Bellissimo Grande Hotel to your Saves list
Bellissimo Grande Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Punta Gorda, Florida
“clean neat close to casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have stayed at the Bellissimo numerous times. Every time they have bent over backwards to help with your every request. We especially love their free limo service to foxwoods casino. Super close rooms are allways clean and neat and they have a noise policy in place to its usually very quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed here from 28 December 2012 to 31 December 2012 and was very impressed with the friendly, courteous and accommodating service we received. My friend got real sick while we were there and the staff was so wonderful in doing whatever needed to be done to make us comfortable. We live in Southern Maryland so we were a long way from home but we were treated like family and I was so appreciative of their services. It also snowed several inches and the next day one of the employees cleaned our car off for us without hesitation. Another one helped us get to our car because of the snow. There is no complimentary breakfast but they have a eating area inside the hotel and the food is excellent. Since it was cold and snowy, it was really nice not to have to go out to get our meals. They also have an indoor pool. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at our property. I was delighted to read about your experience at our hotel. It is our goal to meet all guest needs as we go above and beyond in our customer service and I was glad to hear that this was the case during your stay. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of our restaurant and its variety of delicious menu options. We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your friend in the future. Please contact me directly if I can assist in any way!

Yours In Hospitality,

Plainville, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My friend & I stayed here on 12/28/12, we had arrived earlier than the check in time & when i called to see if we could check in they said yes and there wasnt going to be an extra charge. When we checked in we were asked if we wanted a pillow top mattresses or a temperpedic. The room was absolutely gorgous, and we loved the fact that there was a ceiling fan in the room along with the heating/cooling unit. I had read some reviews on here and was concern about the limo service to Foxwoods so i went on their website and also confirmed with the front desk that on the weekends they run every half hour and on the weekdays every hour. The front desk was so helpful and the room service wasn't as expeincive as other places you may stay at. Everyone there was so friendly & the place was SO CLEAN! I will definetly stay there again and i'm looking forward to my next trip there!

Southern MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I read the reviews and took a chance anyway--and I wish I hadn't. A friend and I stayed here after a visit to Foxwoods. The free limo service was a big draw, as was the free breakfast. Unfortunately, the limo rides were only once per hour during the week and ended at midnight and the breakfast was no longer included. Still, it was cheaper than the hotels on the Foxwoods property so we went with it anyway. They gave us a room right next to the check in desk. The hotel and rooms were extremely clean, the check in staff were friendly and helpful and we got a choice between pillow top mattresses and temperpedic. When we returned that night (around 12:30) we easily found our way to our room. I settled in for sleep and it didn't happen. There seems to be no insulation in the walls. I could hear almost every conversation the people at the check in desk were having, and every scrape of the chair they seemed to move every five minutes (even through the two pillows stacked over my ears!). I gave up on sleeping at 6:30 and went out to complain. They nicely listened but did nothing to compensate me. I will definitely never stay there again (unless they add some serious insulation). To give you a better idea of the sound transfer, I went to shower (in a nice, clean bathroom, but bring your own toiletries) and could hear the person in the next room over using the toilet. That was not what I wanted to experience in place of my relaxing shower.

Room Tip: Avoid the check in desk area at all costs!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hotelCt, Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments regarding the value of our property as well as the cleanliness of your room and the high level of service you experienced from our staff. All of these things are very important to us, and I'm delighted to hear that they met and exceeded your expectations.

I was very sorry to read of the noise concerns that you experienced during your stay. At times, a location adjacent to the lobby is very convenient for guests with mobility concerns or restricting luggage. I am not certain if this was the case for you, but I apologize that this location proved to be less than ideal for your requirements. We certainly do our best to ensure that guests are most conveniently accommodated and I am sorry that this was not the case for you.

The bathrooms in all of our guest accommodations do include basic complimentary toiletries, with additional items being available from the front desk upon request. In addition, as a part of our commitment to the Environment, we have equipped all of our guest rooms with high-efficiency commodes. This results in a slightly louder noise that may at times be audible from an adjacent guest bathroom, but we believe the environmental benefits outweigh the minimally louder resultant noise.

Once again, I apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I certainly hope that you will give us the chance to accommodate you in the future, with a better understanding of your specific requirements on our part. I look forward to being of personal assistance should you choose to do so.

Yours in Hospitality,

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We used the hotel for a two day executive retreat. We wanted to be at the casino but their rates could not be beat, and they are so close to the casino it didn't make a difference. Best of all, service was fantastic and they were very accommodating with our meal requests with delicious results.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for a week and it was awesome. Way cheaper than staying at Foxwoods- shuttle to the casino was convenient- rooms were nice and comfy. Service was good. They upgraded our room to a beautiful suite on the second night and we had a wonderful time.

We would definitely go back.

• Stayed December 2012
West Suffield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have stayed at the Grand Pequot at Foxwoods in a full jacuzzi suite for twice the price of what the Bellissimo costs, and I will never do that again. 24 hour room service, friendly staff (especially Margie who wears many hats here from bartender to shuttle driver to front desk). I have never had a request denied whether it was for wine glasses or a late check-out time.

The free limo service to the casino runs until 2:45am on the weekends. My most recent stay was for my birthday and we took full advantage of this service. It was not running on time and we had to wait longer than expected to be picked up from the hotel, but for the fact that it was FREE and this hotel is so much less expensive than staying at the casino, I would not complain about the wait.

My room is always clean, the food is always good, and my favorite perk is having a Starbucks cafe in the lobby. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone - it is 100% worth the price and I stay here every time I am in the area no matter what kind of deal Foxwoods offers me.

Room Tip: Pony up the extra $20 for the jacuzzi rooms. The tubs are huge and comfortable.
Valued Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our Property for the benefit of future guests. Thank you for your kind words as you highlighted your favorite aspects of your stay. Thank you also for your compliments for Margie; she is a highly valued staff member who goes the extra mile in her guest service, and we appreciate your positive feedback. Above all, I would like to thank you for your continued patronage of our property. We greatly appreciate our return guests. I would be delighted to be of personal assistance in booking your next stay!

Yours in Hospitality,

Sales Manager

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!