“beyond expectations” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Metuchen, New Jersey
“beyond expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I actually would give this a 4.5 rating. I found this hotel to be very nice with friendly staff. It is located near the Foxwoods Casino and I appreciated the shuttle service. The staff whom I encountered were friendly and went out of their way to meet my needs. The limo was a bit in disrepair (torn seat) but the other shuttles were acceptable. The work out room leaves a bit to be desired but certainly an attempt is made to accomodate those who wish to work out. The spa staff did not return my call until I was home on Wed so I would recommend giving a few days notice if you want a massage.

I booked a Jacuzzi room and found it to be elegant and clean. There was a refrigerator in the room and large screen TV. The complimentary internet was also a nice perk. They provide room service and the eating establishments at the hotel were also good.

Room Tip: Definitely would recommend the Jacuzzi rooms.... what a relaxing luxury.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience on Tripadvisor. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry about that limousine seat and we will definitely address it as soon as possible. We realize that our transportation service is our number one amenity and pride ourselves on vehicle condition. The staff and I look forward to a future visit and will be happy to be of service. If I can be of personal service please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

gm@bellissimogrande.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I organized a company trip to Foxwoods and decided to stay at the Bellissimo, which is signficantly cheaper than the casino hotels on the weekend. It was an excellent choice. The shuttle is a very nice limo (get there a little before the departure times to ensure you definately have a space). The room itself was all new, very clean, and had nice extras. Pay the extra $20 and ask for a room with the jacuzzi in the bedroom (those room have a really nice set up). The hotel also has 24-hour room service, which we tried and was great, and more amenities than you would think for the price (spa, hotel bar, starbucks, etc).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit. I am so thankful you enjoyed your visit and your review highlighted all the amenities which truly make the hotel a wonderful value. If you can join us in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you again for your feedback.

Wilton, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I would have given the Bellissimo Grande Hotel five stars in this review, but the pool was disgraceful. Perhaps the management will claim that because it was Independence Day Week that it was difficult to maintain the chemistry of the pool. Indeed it was obvious that the chemistry was incorrect in the pool as it was green and murky. Furthermore there were piles of dirt on the floor of the pool in two of the four corners. Additionally there were pieces of plants or other small pieces of unknown debris floating in the pool. If a swimming pool is a determining factor then you shall not engage in business with Bellissimo Grande Hotel.

However if the pool is not important to you then I strongly suggest you consider the Bellissimo Grande. The room, the hallway, the lobby, the parking lot and the outdoor areas were all very very clean. The price was right for us. The location was right for us as it was only a fifteen minute drive via CT-201 to Mystic Aquarium, Mystic Village or Mystic Seaport. The bed was comfortable. The closet and dressers were spacious. The ice machine worked.

I could share additional positive thoughts about the ''technical'' features of the hotel but the only aspect of this hotel that thoroughly impressed me was the housekeeping staff. Think about it - you only see the other staff to check in or if there is a problem. But otherwise it is the housekeeping staff that you see the most. This staff of men and women was well-spoken, friendly, professional, English speaking, attentive and respectful. The rapport they establish with the guests is what provides the comfort to one's stay.

Upon my next trip to New London County, I will consider staying at BGH if they assure me that the pool is clean and if they can find me a room that has a small refrigerator.

Room Tip: loud sparrows build nests in the gutters outside of the third floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive and detailed review regarding your most recent visit to the Bellissimo Grande Hotel.

I apologize the pool was not acceptable during your visit. The concern has been resolved and the pool has been enjoyed by many guests since your last visit.

Thank you for highlighting the Housekeeping Staff friendliness and I am so happy that they contributed to your successful stay.

All of our suites (Venetians and Presidential) offer a small refrigerator. The Sicilian Class offers a select number of rooms that also feature a refrigerator. I would be happy to provide one for you on your next visit and guarantee that the pool will be more enjoyable.

Thank you again for your thoughtful review and I look forward to your next visit.

If I can be of personal service please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Stamford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Bellissimo was ok in a pinch. I had booked a room at another hotel in the area, but booked it for the wrong night. For the nights needed it was then full for the night. The Bellissimo had a room. It was about 40.00 more for the room. The pros: close to the casino with free shuttle service, the bed was very comfortable. Cons: expensive, the bathroom was gross; smelled like mildew, there was mildew on the floor outside the shower stall. The shower curtian smelled.

Over all it was a comfortable place to lay my head. I would not stay again, but it did its job on short
notice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Bellissimo Grande Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations in some areas that we normally excel in. I would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and regain your confidence in our hotel.

Thank you for highlighting some positives about your unexpected trip to the Bellissimo Grande. We do offer the best mattress selection and we are convenient to the casinos. We also match local hotel rates Sunday-Thursday as a generous program to make our hotel affordable for all guests. We generally offer rates as low as $89.00 during the week. The summer season is our most popular and rates may vary. Our rates are very reasonable and we offer three tiers of room class to accommodate all guest requests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of personal service if you have the desire to visit.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We love the Bellissimo! Granted there have been smalll problems, but the staff has always been very accommodating and warm. We get a great rate and I compare it to a European stay with those wonderful high ceilings and plush beds.

My husband and I are both disabled, and need a fridge for our meds....they always find me one.

This time, I am travelling with my nearly 85 year old mom. No problem. She will have a separate room and on the same floor.

I have yet to utilize the Bistro, but that is only because we get spoiled by what we want up at Foxwoods. But we do avail ourselves of the complimentary limo at least once during our stay, and that is nice.

If you come to party, go somewhere else. They are so mindful of other guests in that way. This is one of CT's hidden treasures in my opinion.

Kathleen K.
Asheville, NC

Room Tip: We love their king suites, and though we have yet to treat ourselves to a jacuzzi suite, we may do t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at the Bellissimo Grande Hotel on Tripadvisor. The staff and I appreciate all the positve comments and your loyalty as a guest. I agree we are one of CT's Hidden Treasures!

I look forward to your next visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of personal service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I wanted to treat my future sister in law to a night out at foxwoods, the Bellissimo was a great choice. We arrived Friday night to attend a show. We ate at the Bistro for convenience. It was smaller than what I was expecting but it was very convenient and the service was fast. We took the complimentary limo over to foxwoods to attend a show at MGM grand. The limo runs every 30 minutes up until 2:45am on the weekends which is very convenient. Not having to drive was much appreciated. Saturday morning we went to the Starbucks in the lobby for a coffee and a light breakfast. The Bistro also has breakfast and they have 24 hr room service, but we only wanted something light. We then went to the spa at the Bellissimo. Both of us loved the spa and put it in our top 5. I was extremely happy with the overall experience. The fact that the room was 1/2 the price of those at the casino was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your return visit.

Whitinsville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Starting with the gentleman who took our reservation (Mike), who incidentally upgraded us to the presidential suite, to the guest service staff to housekeeping, maintenance, limo driver & owner who responded to my email, Great customer service! Really nice, personable, professional and attentive staff. I would skip the food at the bistro because portions are too small for the price but otherwise recommend highly. The hotel was very reasonably priced and the convenience of having the limo take us to and from the casino was a bonus. We will definetly be returning to this beautifully decorated hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I appreciate all your positive feedback and will improve on the area of concern that you have highlighted. I am really surprised that the portion size was a concern for the particular meal that you ordered. I would like to learn more about your meal selection because most meal selections are more than satisfactory for our guests. I apologize that was not the case for your meal selection or experience. I am so glad you enjoyed your visit and I hope that you can return soon. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next reservation.

gm@bellissimogrande.com

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!