“Outstanding surprise” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Lowell, MA
“Outstanding surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

After reading an unappealing review about this hotel, I was hesitant about even giving it a chance. What a mistake that would've been. The rooms and bath were ample size, very clean, and had the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced in a hotel stay. The staff was gracious and helpful. The hotel was quiet and had an indoor pool and outdoor sitting area (only thing missing was an outdoor jacuzzi). A limo shuttle to Foxwood Casino was offered for those who needed one during specified hours. The location was convenient for getting to the beach and Mystic during the day, and the casinos at night. Would definitely recommend and will stay again. Also, the hotel "price matches" other hotels in area.

Room Tip: Request to view a room prior to booking if possible
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

477 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

Absolutely on of the most enjoyable stays I've ever had. The room was spacious (even with the jacuzzi in it.) The staff was extremely courteous and attentive especially. The on premise Bistro was terrific. After a long day of being out, it was enjoyable to be able to just take the elevator down and have a terrific meal. The food was outstanding and moderately priced. The only thing negative was being charged for internet service which most places these days do not. My wife and I frequent Mystic at least 2 or 3 times a year and will be staying here from now on..

Thank you and your staff for the outstanding service.

Mr. & Mrs. Patrick Walker.

Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We were going to Mohegan Sun in Conn to celebrate two birthdays and both Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods lodging were sold out for the weekend we wanted to go.On my last trip I remembered going by this very nice looking Hotel and wrote the name in my address book.I can tell you that it turned out to be a fantastic decision.The manager was there to great us when we walked in.Asked us what we were there for and gave us suggestions.Our two rooms that we had requested to be adjoining were and they were very clean and up to date.The breakfast we had was delicious(they do serve dinner also)and they have a Starbucks kiosk in the lobby with ample seating.The outside enterance has a spot to sit and have coffee or drinks.They also hava a shuttle to Foxwoods throughtout the day and night.We went to Mohegan Sun which was about a 15 min.drive at the most.I always enjoyed staying at the casinos but enjoyed a bit of down time here.It was very relaxing(they do have a pool)and really convienent to many things.I would stay there again whenever we go back and recommend Bellissimo 100%.You wont be sorry you stayed there.

Room Tip: Call Hotel direct .They do try to match prices when possible
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I stayed here for just one night with four of my girlfriends when we were visiting Foxwoods. My brother recommended the hotel to me as he and his wife are frequent visitors. I was quite impressed with the affordable rates for a higher star hotel.

We booked online and check in as well as check out was very simple. The front desk staff was very nice and accomidating. They let us know the times the limo (complimentary) would be leaving for the casino and though past reviews said guests had to sign something about a noise policy upon checking in, we did not. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned.

The room was basic, but nice. The entire hotel has the feel of stepping into Italy which is alway enjoyable. The room had two queen size beds, a table with two chairs, a dresser, a flat screen television on the wall which I would say was about 36 inches or so and a half way decent channel selection as well. The bathroom was quite large with a beautiful granite vanity. There is indeed a plaque on the mirror in the bathroom notifying you of the noise policy which personally I think is a strange place for it, but regardless it was there. We went to the casino for about 5 hours and then got back to the hotel around 10. Everything seemed quiet and peaceful. We ordered some appetizers from the room service menu which was very basic, pretty much just sandwiches and snack foods. We fell asleep relatively early and noise was never an issue.

Overall this hotel was just fine for our needs and we did enjoy ourselves! I'd highly recommend it to anyone unless of course you're a partier. The only thing is that this hotel charges for internet which in my opinion is foolish in this day and age. That was a minor draw back, but for a one night stay it wasn't much of an issue. Had I been staying long term though and wanted to get online this would've been a problem though!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
pawling
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

The hotel is beautiful. The room was extremely tastefully done and very clean. The hotel staff were very helpful and courteous. I would stay at this hotel before Foxwoods anytime.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was the first time my friend and I stayed here, and for the most part, it was a nice relaxing time. Friendly staff, nice lobby, although kind of small, and the room was nice. The dinner we ordered up for room service was top notch from the appetizers to the entree to our desserts. The breakfast........umm........not so good. Ordered an egg white omelette with spinach, well done. It was nowhere near well done, and tasted horrible. Almost like seafood. YUCK! Took one bite and that was it. Had free limo service to the casino, but we drove instead. Its a 5 minute ride down the road. And after midnight, SHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! They are very strict with their noise policy. My friend was a little tipsy when we were getting off the elevator at 3 AM, and she started to yell and get a little loud with herself. Yes, herself. Its a loooong story. Anyway, there were 2 hotel employees pacing the hallways to make sure all was quiet on the western front, and boy oh boy they werent to pleased with my friends obnoxious behavior. We received a warning and then went to our room. NOW.......besides the price and friendly staff and clean room......we had bugs. The room WAS clean.........spotless, actually.........but saw a few ants and then another lil guy that i dont know WHAT it was. There werent 20 bugs.......and we didnt see just 1. Id say maybe 5. And me being a guest in a hotel.........the number of bugs I should see in my ROOM is zero! Especially since we were on the 3rd floor. Soooooo........overall, Id give the hotel a 3 star rating. Take those damn lil bugs away........THEN its a 4.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Bellissimo Grande Hotel. I enjoyed your review both the positive and the negative. I am equally disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your breakfast but was pleased to hear you enjoyed your dinner. I can only apologize about the ant concern you mentioned. It was a concern during your stay as we experienced high volume of pavement ants that has since been corrected. I am confident that we can improve all areas of concern you mentioned and look forward to your next visit.

Please feel free to contact me directly on your next reservation or if you wish to you call me regarding you past reservation.

Yours in Hospitality,

Chad J. Eaton
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

Like others, we ended up here because the casinos were booked. What a wonderful surprise! Very nice hotel - very pretty, terrific staff, and great location. Great, free shuttle service to Foxwoods. No -nonsense policy against loud noises into the night. Really pretty grounds. We will absolutely return!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!