“Very impressed and will stay again” 5 of 5 stars

Bellissimo Grande Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   411 Norwich Westerly Rd, North Stonington, CT 06359   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Englewood, New Jersey
“Very impressed and will stay again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We visit Mystic every year and stay at a new place each time. We were not sure if we would like the Bellissimo because the reviews were mixed, we chose to go and booked a presidential suite. As soon as we pulled up we felt that we made a good choice. The lobby was clean and the front desk was friendly . We had a king size bed in a very large clean room. There was a free limo to Foxwoods from the Hotel , a nice perk. We ate in the Bistro two out of three nights $99 dinner for two included 4 top shelf drinks 1 appy , 2 salads, 2 entrees and a dessert. the Bartender / Waitress Liz was awesome. She was such a pleasure that we actually stayed at the bar and ate our surf and turf there. We enjoyed this hotel and staff so much that next year we will go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

Went with girlfriend for a romantic getaway...the hotel reminded me of an upscale Manhattan hotel without the "Manhattan" price...now the bellissimo grande will be the only hotel I stay at when I'm in that area.

• Stayed June 2011
Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was our 4th visit to the Bellissimo and we are planning our next visit. The staff is professional and friendly. Our room was well-appointed, clean, and the mattress oh-so comfortable. The management is very responsive to concerns. I don't think you will be disappointed booking at this hotel.

Room Tip: Call hotel for rates
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Bellissimo while visiting the Connecticut Area for a dance competition. The hotel came highly recommended by several family members and coworkers. We were very impressed upon our arrival at the Bellissimo. It's entrance is grand and everything appeared very clean. Front desk was polite and friendly and I was even impressed to hear them ask another patron to watch their language when they used profanity. We stayed in a venetian suite which was clean and much larger than I had anticipated. We were very pleased...until we went to bed. I got into my bed and was immediately taken back by a strange odor. At first I thought it was the laundry detergent or the tempurpedic mattress but the other bed did not smell the same. We slept together on the other bed first night. I woke up in the morning and upon entry into the bathroom saw about a dozen bugs crawling in front of the shower door. I then noticed they were also in the sink and in the soap dish!!! Not sure what kind of bugs they were - small and black with wings but didn't appear to fly. At this point I went to the front desk and informed them of my problem. They were again very nice and immediately changed our room to another venetian suite but with a pillowtop mattress. The room was not as clean as the first and was missing a chair and table that were in the the first room. There were pubic hairs on the air conditioning/heating unit, the curtins were falling down and dirty, and the floor had several pink stains on it. Had to run the fan all night to drown out the noise of other people and toilets flushing. Pool is very small. Great first impression but left with mixed emotions. I don't think I should have been charged the full rate after experiencing bugs and strange smells.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
hotelCt, General Manager at Bellissimo Grande Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent visit. Thank you for all your comments both the negative and the positive. I was so pleased to read many of your kind compliments. I was not pleased to learn of your concerns that you experienced in both rooms. We hold the room attendants to a high inpsection process and I am sorry that we failed you on both nights. The Housekeeping Department is a consistent strength of the hotel and I will strive to make improvements in this area. I was pleased that we were able to resolve the first concern timely but am equally disappointed your stay did not go as we both intended. Please give us a second chance and I will be happy to be of personal assistance. Please call or e-mail me for your next reservation.

Yours in Hospitality,

Chad J. Eaton
Taunton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on May 2011 (friday night). We stayed in the Venetian I believe. The room had 2 queen beds and a jacuzzi. The jacuzzi fit the 2 of us well (it will not fit more than 2 people comfortably). It was bigger than what other hotels call an "oversized" jacuzzi. Usually other hotels call a standard bathtub with jets an "oversized" jacuzzi. The room was decorated elegantly. (unlike most hotels who select the most obnoxious bedding imaginable). The bathroom was spacious. The room had a nice flat screen TV. The hotel front desk staff was very pleasant and eager to please. We used the complimentary limo service to Foxwoods. The driver was prompt, gracious and very pleasant. I would definitely stay there again. The only suggestion I made to the hotel was to offer a complimentary continental breakfast. I would have been a good final touch. If that was offered, I would have chosen to rate it 5 stars.

Candi
Taunton, Ma

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Excellent value for money but if you're not drinking at Foxwoods then the guest limo is best avoided, once it's full it's gone. No problem sleeping though, excellent policy regarding noisy guests. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Coventry, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The Bellissimo Grande is one of the best hotels my husband and I ever stayed in! The staff was very courteous and friendly. They were always ready to answer questions and offer assistance. We were made to feel at home, and the room was very clean and very beautiful! Everything worked, including the fantastic jaccuzzi. We will return again, and bring friends! I recommend this to anyone looking to stay in the Mystic area that wants a luxurious room for half of what it costs at the casinos. We have stayed at both casinos, and this room was better by far. This is a great deal!

Room Tip: This was a good price, found on priceline
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bellissimo Grande Hotel? Share your experiences!