“deceitful information” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Inn & Suites

Hilltop Inn & Suites
You added Hilltop Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Hilltop Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   373 Norwich Westerly Rd., Route 2, North Stonington, CT 06359-1516   |
Lexington, Massachusetts
“deceitful information”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Upon booking by phone I specifically asked about fridges and was told they were in every room. There were not and I was blantantly lied to. No excuse or apologiy was offered. A search by desk clerk to find room with one revealed a handicapped room which was totally unaccptable for lack of comfort, etc. Fridge sitting directly on floor, no vanity space at all in bathroom among inconvienences.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

It is just your typical motel room but what makes it special is the excellent service from the staff. We stayed at the Foxwoods Casino and moved here for the last night. The shuttle was on time and clean. The stafff was excellent and the next day they were kind enough to shuttle my wife and I back to Foxwoods so we can get a little final gambling in and catch a bus back to Boston Logan Airport. The quality of the beds was weak. The breakfast was good and there was more than enough cable channels to satisfy anybody.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I stayed at this hotel and a week after I checked out I had an additional charge on my credit card for $112.00 on top of what I paid for the room which was over $200.00. When I called the desk they could not give me a reason why I had an additional charge. I had to go through my credit card company adn report a fradulent transaction which my credit card company deemed was a fradulent charge.

Overall the room was pretty low end. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and there was a lack of water pressure in the shower.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010 via mobile

My daughter and I just stayed here last night and paid $225 plus tax=$257!!! We dropped our stuff in the room and expected a great room for $225 and it was a below average room with 2 beds and a bathroom and TV. I would have expected a fridge or something. We went to the casino and took our own car...there were a lot of people waiting for the shuttle for a while. We got back around midnight and didn't feel too safe in the back of the hotel. We ran to the room. We had to call the front desk for a vending machine and the only soda machine was in the front....outside! We went to bed and the beds were so uncomfortable! My daughter and I woke up with very sore backs....I already have a bad back so this didn't help at all!

Ok....woke up and took a shower that drizzled out and had a speck of shampoo from the packet (not even a mini bottle). My daughter got in the shower and I was brushing my teeth (separate from the bathroom) and I noticed spots of food on the wall and then I heard a crash... the shower curtain and rod fell off the wall into the shower on her!

I went right to the front desk after my daughter got dressed and to check out and I was told I should have called immediately so there was nothing they could do! I told her it just happened so I came right down and she still said I should have called! I told her I couldn't believe they charged that much for those rooms and all she said was it was because of the location so basically I took it as she knows it is gross. She only took $30 off the price...I should have gotten more than that!

I would NEVER recommend this to anyone! In fact, I was telling a friend and she told me she wishes I told her we were staying there because her and her husband had stayed there and were also disgusted!

• Stayed August 2010
buffalo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

me and a few friend's stayed here for 4 nights, we were a little hesitated to stay here, we asked to see the room before check-in & was given a key right away, we went to check the room, and it was fine. It was a very basic room with 2 beds television & bathroom lol and thats all we needed... It doesn't have a-pool there, but if ur just going to foxwoods & mohegan sun to gamble who needs a pool, the continental breakfast was OK. I mean it will get you going in the morning & that is about it.. I thought the hotel was very much clean, I would definately stay here again...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

If you want to save around half while hanging out at Foxwoods, this is a decent option. Since there are no hallways, I think this might be technically a motel. The grounds and exterior was very well kept so that was definitely a plus. Parking was plentiful, average continental breakfast, comfortable beds, good water pressure, no fridge, and a very friendly shuttle service.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

This is a great stop over for anyone looking to stay near the CT casinos, The reviewer's who couldn't find the shuttle may need a little help, as we had people from OTHER hotels trying to board the HILLTOP van. You have to notice WHERE you entered the complex and be able to navigate your way back after a night of casino-time!
Pluses include great staff and management, comfy beds, decent Free Breakfast, and great rates. This is no luxury spa, but a decent hotel with reliable shuttle service to and from Foxwoods, and the Jacuzzi suite option is not to be overlooked!
There is a great sense of camaraderie amongst the staff and this transfers to their thorough customer service. We've stayed here a few times now and will again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!